The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Default 1994 Oldenburg Mare, 16.1, available for 2013 broodmare lease on/off farm near NJ

I'd like to offer my lovely, sweet, mulit-talented mare on a broodmare lease for the upcoming breeding season. She's sound, a beautiful mover and an excellent mother. She's had two foals to date, she was trained to 3rd level dressage and spent the last three years foxhunting. I just retired her from foxhunting two months ago and would like to give her an easy job that she's good at. I'd like to breed her myself, but prefer to wait until next year. There are a few photos of her on my website, along with her two offspring. I would be happy to keep her home, and have lessee cover general care/breeding expenses or allow her to go off farm to a knowledgeable person who will take excellent care of her. Please email/pm me for more details. http://www.pleasantmeadowfarm.org

1 members found this post helpful.

Default 5 year old ISR-OLD mare for lease

What You Wish For
    Bloodlines: Sire Line: Juan Valdez Carolina is a Selle Francais stallion. He has competed though Grand Prix dressage with wins at the FEI levels. He has also performed well as a jumper. His offspring have lovely temperaments. His sire, Bonjour, was known to be a movement improver. Dam Line: Gabrielle IV's sire, Quik du Rouet was a Grand Prix trained dressage stallion. His dam, Badine was a Selle Francais mare and the grand dam of acclaimed Grand Prix show jumping stallion Baloubet du Rouet, under Rodrigo Pessoa.
    Height: 17.1
    Registry: ISR-OLD
    Maiden?: Yes
    Performance?: Karma has completed the YEH trials at Longwood in February 2012 with a good score of 73.01 after only 5 months under saddle! She was spectacular and rose to the occasion over a course and fences that were deemed by many to be very tough for 4 year olds. Additionally, she was in exceptional company. Karma has successfully competed through beginner novice, a winner at her first event. Karma suffered what appears to be a minor strain in her hindquarters and is currently on rest. We are looking a great home [edit] for a great breeding lease situation for her for 2013. http://www.tangerinesporthorses.com/whatyouwishfor.html
    Last edited by Moderator 3; Jan. 9, 2013 at 06:24 AM. Reason: to remove advertising

1998 Dutch/TB broodmare (by Art Deco) available for off-farm lease in 2013, located in Upperville VA

Former successful Prelim event horse (also did H/J), 15'3 1/2", substantial and elegant with excellent feet. She has a lovely 2012 filly by Escudo II. Registered and branded ISR, premium foal, her filly was also registered and branded first premium IRS/Old. She is very athletic with correct conformation (as is her filly

Responsible leasors only! E-mail for more pix and info: leedigangi@verizon.net

Pic of her and filly: http://s1320.beta.photobucket.com/us...gangi/library/
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Default Quality Mare Available in Pacific NW

2001 Bay Class I SWANA Mare by Vivaldi, also Approved ISR/OLD in the Premium Mare Book with impressive score of 109 points.
    Has had 3 lovely fillies, 1 from fresh and 2 with frozen semen (caught first try every time, sometimes double ovulates).

Can stay at my place or go to approved home in WA or OR. Must be bred to WB stallion in a major registry.

Would be great match for the following:
    Sir Gregory, Rubignon, Donarweiss, Don Romantic, Dancier, or ??

Here are pics of mare:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0345132&type=3

Can contact me via PM or my Website or Facebook

Default Available: N NV - Contucci/Calypso II/Waldmeister - 2001 AHS Mare

2001 chestnut Hanoverian mare by Contucci out of the Hanoverian mare Carballina (Calypso II). Small crescent shaped star and white half pastern on left hind, 17.0 hands. "Rosie" is very uncomplicated, extremely easy to handle and has a willing nature. Her riding career has been cut short due to a chronic lameness in her front left associated with adhesion formation between an old deep digital flexor tendon injury and the navicular bursa. The dam, Carballina, a states premium daughter of the holsteiner Calypso II, is the dam of Scimatar (he completed his 100 day stallion performance test with an overall score of 111.55 and ranked 6th overall with very high ride ability scores). Carballina is out of the states premium daughter, Waitana who is by Waldmeister. Rosie has been entered into the American Hanoverian Society main studbook in July of 2004.

2008 AA Training Level - USDF Region 7 Reserve Champion
    2010 AA First Level - USDF Region 7 4th Place
    2011 AA Second Level - USDF Region 7 Reserve Champion

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4001406&type=3
    Last edited by MLD; Jan. 4, 2013 at 01:59 PM.

Default 1999 AHS registered mare, approved GOV, ISR, Dansk Varmblod.

Available for on or off site lease.
    1999 Dark Bay/Black AHS registered mare by Waltzertraum Moon (Wenzel I) out of a TB dam. MMB in GOV, ISR and Dansk Varmblod.

Had a gorgeous colt for me last year by Rhythm & Blues. Easy breeder, fantastic mother. Caught on first try, and the foaling was textbook.

PM or email me at mickensey.g@gmail.com for more info/pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by springer View Post
    My Balta'Czar mare is again available for lease [edit].
    http://warmbloods-for-sale.com/Horse...56&UserID=6438

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/th...NAME=snapfish/

Above is her ad and photos of her gorgeous 2012 filly.

She is located near Missoula, Montana. A loving home is my #1 requirement.
    Refreshing this
    Last edited by Moderator 3; Jan. 9, 2013 at 06:24 AM.

Cool Searching for broodmare for this spring

I'm looking for the following breeds for a dressage foal. I have a 3 year contract with a Friesian stallion my mares are unable to fulfill this year. I am looking for a mare over 16 hh, good temperment, good mother, needs to be in Ohio (prefer near dayton area)

APHA
    Friesian
    Warmblood of Color

Please PM me so we can talk.

Thanks!
    Last edited by snydere02; Jan. 7, 2013 at 02:13 PM.

Default AHHA mare available for breeding lease (TOP Jumper pedigree)

Caroline BF coming 3yo AHHA mare available for on- farm breeding lease this spring. The mare has a dynamite pedigree (Quinar/ Cor de la Bryere/ Silvester) and comes from a very strong performance pedigree. Her dam (one of the last producing Cor de la Bryere daughters) competed at the 1.50M GP level with Hap Hansen and the A/O's with owner, two of her siblings were Intl GP Jumpers. I am not in a position to breed her myself this year, but would like to give her the chance to have a foal prior to starting her performance career. The mare must stay with me in TX. I will not be charging a lease fee, but you will be responsible for her expenses (very reasonable board rate) and all expenses related to breeding. Photos & videos available upon request. Interested parties may contact me at nicameo@gmail.com or 817-231-3568 for more info.

To all posting here...

This thread is open as a service to posters and should be STRICTLY limited to discussing free broodmare lease options. Any references to a mare for sale is in direct violation of the forum's "no-advertising" rules and will be deleted. If this thread descends into a mass of advertising, it will be closed.

If you have any questions about what constitutes advertising, feel free to PM me. But know that if your post includes "for sale," it's a safe bet it's advertising.

Mod 3

Default AHHA and BWP approved mare for on-site lease in FL

Looking for an on-site lease for my mare, Galiba for 2013.
    16.3 1/2 h dark bay BWP mare, 3/4 sister to Lotus T.
    She is in the AHHA Main Mare Premium book with 48 bonits and earned both e-Labels with the BWP as well as completing her Mare Performance Test (earning 9s for rideability)
    http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?i=10646470
    Photo Album

There is no fee and I would cover her insurance, trimmings, regular supplements and worming. She had a minor bow which was treated with stem cell, and then a MAJOR reaction to stem cell so we gave her last year off to breed. She appears sound but we would like to have the opportunity to bring her back into work slowly so want one more year off for breeding.

Lessee would be responsible for reasonable board fees ($450 per month) and all breeding fees. Excellent fresh semen vet is local to farm or I can trailer her to Peterson & Smith's repro center for cost of gas only.

Galiba is currently in foal to Concerto Grosso and due in April. She also has an embryo transfer foal in a recipient mare. She was a very easy breeder and caught on the first try both times. She would be available for breeding on her foal heat and board fees would begin once she is confirmed 90 days pregnant.

Although I have showed her in eventing, she is particularly well suited for the hunter ring with a very pretty jump, an easy going personality, and very comfortable gaits. Lesee would have full access to her at our barn.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

Default 3 mares for free leases

I have a 1997 Oldenburg Main Marebook mare by Weltstern out of a mare by Domino (Han.) available for free lease. 17 H, bay, no vices, proven broodmare. Full sister to former Grand Prix jumper Weltsieger.

Secondly, a 2006 registered GOV mare by Prince Optimus out of the above mare. 17 H, bay, no vices. Maiden & uninspected.

Lastly, a 2005 registered Hanoverian mare by Wümmestern out of a Han. mare by West Coast. 16.1 H, chestnut, no vices. Maiden & uninspected.

I would breed them myself, but I'm retiring from breeding. Located in North Carolina. Email elandalefarm@earthlink.net.

Default 1994 Jockey club registered TB Broodmare Titania, needs good home or lease :)

Titania is by Lasting Value out of What's For Dinner, I have heard her lines are great for sport and know that she has produced two amazing foals for me. She is 15.3h black with diagonal socks and an "exotic" blaze. She has had 2 foals by others, both paints, she had one pony baby with me and a warmblood filly 2011 that are both exceptional.

We were supposed to have a 2013 baby but she had twins pinched and we lost both so she is open.

Hoping this link to photobucket works

please pm me with any questions

Titania
    http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/...ps037c2af8.jpg

2011 Filly Athena
    http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/...ps68dd63d9.jpg

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9e5ba0a5.jpg

2004 pony
    http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1374a1f4.jpg

We are located in Northern CA
    Last edited by Kmsuds; Jan. 15, 2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: add

Default Two Broodmares in Central TX Available for on-site breeding leases

Both mares are currently in foal, and due in March, but can be available for breeding, or as recipient mares for embryo transfer, after they have foaled.

Savoire Fair (Savvy) is a 17.3 hand grey AWS preferred mare. She produced an outstanding filly for when crossed with Art Deco, and later produced a nice colt for a friend when crossed with an Appendix-type QH. In addition to her size, she is a very nice mover with a calm, gentle disposition. She's easy to breed (hand breed or AI), and is a wonderful mother. She has passed her size and great temperament on to her foals. The Art Deco filly is older and showing plenty of athleticism, and will be started under saddle this year.

Pleasant Way (Diva) is a 16.3 true back OTTB, that had a second career as a jumper after coming off the track. She produced a nice filly for a previous owner, and is currently bred to a pinto WB. She settled in one heat cycle. She is a kind mare, but not a pocket pony. More aloof, possibly from her days on the track? She's still a nice mare to work with.

Both mares have easy pregnancies without any additional hormonal support. Would prefer on-site leases, but will consider off-site leases with approved references.

There is no lease fee, and I would cover the basic maintenance (trimmings, vaccinations and deworming). I would foal out the mares, imprint, handle and socialize the foals.

Lessee would be responsible for reasonable board fees ($300 per month) and all breeding fees. Will feed lessee's choice of additional supplements at cost. Several equine reproductive vets available in the local area to choose from.
    I live in a house, but I'm at home on a horse

2003 Holsteiner mare by Verband licensing Champion Camiros out of an imported Constant/Farnese mare who showed successfully in Jr/AO jumpers. Registered AHHA and approved for breeding with ISR/Old in Main Mare Book (approved with 102 points). Produced a Premium ISR/Old colt in 2010. Great bloodlines for breeding hunter, jumper or dressage. Available for an off-farm lease in the state of Texas to a good home with references. More info at http://fridayschildfarm.com/Tupelo_Honey.htm

Offered for lease -obvioulsy on farm- as she is in Germany :-):

Hanoverian SPS Don Frederico - Prince Thatch xx - Lysander
    Won classes and mare show, MPT with 8's and 9's on gaits. 6th mare in a row in the damline with Statespremium title.
    Won dressage comparable level 2, won XC suitability class (jumps around 3-3,5 ft high). We did a normal x ray check of her - and she is a class 1 !
    Will be left open due to personal reasons and I hve no time to ride her in addition to the gelding I have. And actually to leave her open is a shame :-(

The use of her would be free, but I would want a fixed amount for her upkeep on farm for the time (no fantasyprice). We would organise breeding and all related handling as for branding, give export assistance for foal etc.
    Foal should be eligable hanoverian (so stallion choice is restricted to Han. approved stallion). She is not approved in other registries. Presentation to other registries would be possible though, but all fees need to be paid for that. Am sure there is no problem to get her into OLD mainbook, Westfalen, RPSI or whatever - not Holst and Trakehner :-)
    Recommendations from other clients of farm can be provided.

Please email for information: Alexandra(minus)fischer(at)T(minus)online(dot)de
    Please replace content in brackets and brackets with the relevant signs :-)
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    Filly Londontime - Sandro Hit - Rouletto
    http://youtu.be/1O23BeiKpkY

Default Free breeding leases on Thoroughbred mares

I have a few nice mares I am not breeding this year.

1) Louise the Tease is a bay 16.1 hand mare, jumped up to 3'6 easy before she injured her stifle slipping in the field. Lovely mover and a very sweet mare. Would cross wonderfully with a WB.

2) Gleaming Valay is a grey 16.1 hand TB mare, unraced. Broodmare only her whole life. has thrown stakes placed runners and very good regional racers paying their way. Her last foal I have and she will head to the show ring as a hunter derby prospect. Foals average 16 hands up to 16.2.

3) Brightest Gold is a buckskin 15.3 hand chunky TB mare. She belongs to a client and the client would like to free lease her again next year. She is currently in foal to my TB stallion and will be available for breeding around the first of May. She has had two foals prior, one is a cremello that was exported to the UK and stands at stud, her liver chestnut filly will top out 16.2+ with very large bone. Will most likely be geared to the jumper ring. Her foals have wonderful dispositions.
    www.hilltopfarmva.com

Facebook: Hilltop Farm VA

Free breeding lease - 3 yr old maiden sabino Oldenburg mare in Dallas, TX

Photos: http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...17759899_o.jpg
    http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...60378801_o.jpg

Bloodlines: Cavallo Star on the topside, TB (Dorie B Good; H 90-10515-99) on the bottom side.

Personality: Very refined, lovely mare with an expressive head and very expressive movement. Has been broken, and is very enthusiastic about being ridden - seems to really enjoy the "adventure" of it. Extremely intelligent, bold, and willing with a very laid back personality - was actually broken during a thunderstorm, she was so unphased by it! Confronts scary things head-on and walks straight for them (to check them out) rather than shying away. Clips, ties, crossties, bathes, loads, shoes, etc. Incredibly easy mare. Bought as a hunter/jumper prospect, with lovely, toe-flicking movement delightful enough to win the hacks. If you're a color person, she is chestnut and carries sabino. PM me for more details!

I have a lovely premium select 50 bonit imported Holsteiner mare, 1998, currently in foal to Limoncello, and with a 2012 Camiros foal still at home. She also has a 10 year old foal by Calido I, whom I also own. She had an injury and can no longer be competed, but she stays sound as long as she is just used for breeding. She is for sale, but I am more interested in her getting a good, forever, home than I am in getting much, if any, money for her. However, if I don't find a good home for her, I would be interested in an on farm lease, where you pick the stallion and take care of her expenses and you get the foal. I am located in Massachusetts.

If anyone has advice on how best to sell a foal I would also be interested. I have posted the current foal on the AHHA website and on a local equine website, but I haven't known where else to start. When I imported the mare she was in foal, and people were banging down the door to buy that foal (he was not for sale). I was showing the mare and people knew about the foal, so it wouldn't have been hard to sell him. This time around, she has been hanging around my farm and I have not been doing much in the show ring. This foal is quite nice, and I'm sure that if he gets some exposure he would sell. I just have never tried to sell a foal!

(I hope this doesn't violate the "no Advertising" rule: I am just trying to find a home for my mare or lease her, and I would welcome any advice on how to sell the foals; I never wanted to be a breeder, but with a nice mare who needed a job it just seemed like the right thing to do!)
    Last edited by MCM746; Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MCM746 View Post
    I have a lovely premium select 50 bonit imported Holsteiner mare, 1998, currently in foal to Limoncello, and with a 2012 Camiros foal still at home. She also has a 10 year old foal by Calido I, whom I also own. She had an injury and can no longer be competed, but she stays sound as long as she is just used for breeding. She is for sale, but I am more interested in her getting a good, forever, home than I am in getting much, if any, money for her. However, if I don't find a good home for her, I would be interested in an on farm lease, where you pick the stallion and take care of her expenses and you get the foal. I am located in Massachusetts.

If anyone has advice on how best to sell a foal I would also be interested. I have posted the current foal on the AHHA website and on a local equine website, but I haven't known where else to start. When I imported the mare she was in foal, and people were banging down the door to buy that foal (he was not for sale). I was showing the mare and people knew about the foal, so it wouldn't have been hard to sell him. This time around, she has been hanging around my farm and I have not been doing much in the show ring. This foal is quite nice, and I'm sure that if he gets some exposure he would sell. I just have never tried to sell a foal!

(I hope this doesn't violate the "no Advertising" rule: I am just trying to find a home for my mare or lease her, and I would welcome any advice on how to sell the foals; I never wanted to be a breeder, but with a nice mare who needed a job it just seemed like the right thing to do!)
    what's the mare's pedigree?