The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Poplar Place March HT - Updated...Start times are up when?

Any CoTHers going? Any from the Chattanooga area? I am hoping to take The $700 Pony for our debut, and was hoping to meet up with any other CoTHers! Also, I am looking at maybe trailerpooling, if anyone is interested or has a slot! Haven't shown there, so any insights would be awesome!
    Last edited by Noctis; Mar. 14, 2010 at 07:37 PM.

If you do bring the $700 pony, Thou Shalt email me as I'll be announcing....

No problem! We'll be there if we've got to walk! She's a cross country machine

Thumbs up Great Venue

I'm hoping to be there, I'll be taking my pony out for his second Novice. I can't help you with trailerpooling (I live in GA) but can tell you that the venue is superb. They've just changed how most of the cc tracts run and there are some new fences. The facility is top notch, show staff is great, and the Stegmans always go out of their way to run an incredible show!
    Fade to Grey Farm
    Eventing, Foxhunting & Connemaras
    *NEW* website:www.fadetogreyfarm.com

When is opening date for it?

even if new mare isn't ready to compete, i will be there and most likely be jump crew. see you there!

You mean I might get to meet the Famous $700 Pony in _person_? I wonder if she will autograph my book??

If all goes well, we will close in early February and I should be there for the March event.

(The new place is 20 minutes away from Poplar, I can't wait!)
    --
    Wendy
    ... and Patrick

LOL She can hoof it for you! I can't fake Ellen's signature very well though! Right now its hinging on getting a ride, or finally finding a tow vehicle *sigh*

Here's another idea for you, Noctis...PM all those Middle TN eventers and talk them into coming to Poplar - they will more than likely travel through Chattanooga and could find a place for that cute, cute pony! I too have "the book"...would love to have her drool a bit of nice green hay on it!
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

She could do that! I don't have any contact information any more, 2 kidlets and a few computer crashes killed everything unfortunately. Cross your fingers, might be looking at a truck this week...see...this IS what I need for my birthday!

I'll be there not that I have posted much since my hip replacement. You can find me as I have a loud appy mare and I am BN yet again because of the hip. FlightCheck since you are announcing... the 'WAPPED' in my horse name is not wRapped; and the A is like 'ahhh'. Thanks in advanced!!

Noctis, I don't know of any of us who are headed to Poplar March (but perhaps Poplar May...). Anyway, the link is
    http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/middletneventers/

Noctis, did you find a ride? I want to meet the $700 Pony.

Barring any last minute problems, everything's in place for us to close on the 10th, so I'll be there for the March event. And the May event, and the... they seem to have one almost every month!
    --
    Wendy
    ... and Patrick

I actually got a TRUCK! I've got to get the hitch installed, but other than that, we'll be there! WOOHOO! Just don't laugh at our dressage...Herself thinks that it is a blessed waste of time, even though I've told her time and time again, she doesn't get the fun parts without it! ;-)

Dang! I was just getting ready to offer to sell you mine! It's been sitting around for, oh, about two years.

So, if you are entering Poplar Place in *March*, I am guessing you are going to keep her?!! I was thinking it might be nice to do a general announcement over in Off Course when the transition was official ...

Wish I was going! It was my first event last spring and I couldnt believe how gorgeous the course and stabling and, well, everything was. Such a nice place!

RR,

She's family now Even the hubby agrees I'll stick something in Off Course when I can word it coherently! Or should I wait for the "Official" Day?

Well since its almost closing date, anyone else coming? And can anyone give me a run down of how the course usually flows? Or any tips? Where do they usually do stadium? LOL Got to admit, getting nervous!

Just entered the ** with the pony and * with the baby today. Coming down by myself... i think i may be crazy.

Feel free to PM me.

Unless they run sj on 2 days, it will be Sunday in the (very nice) waxed footing.

Jan Brodkin does a great job designing SJ for the time of year and level.

There are xc photos of most jumps on their website.

Looking forward to it!