The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

jumpwhat0056 Guest

Default Buying Horses from Luis Galindo?

Does anybody have any experience with Luis Galindo? I am interested in one of his horses but am a little leery as I have never seen or heard of him at all. Does anybody know his riding or training abilities?
    Thanks

1 members found this post helpful.

He is involved with too many stolen horses. One being mine. If he has one horse with papers actually in his name or a real bill of sale for the papered horse, I would be very shocked and probably still investigated it by tracing back each past owner.
    Home of Five Kings HsH (Eurocommerce Berlin x Diamant de Semilly x Quidam de Revel) and several top bred mares www.hshorses.com

6 members found this post helpful.

I personally would have questions on doing business with someone that thinks a good advertisement of their skills as a trainer is a picture of them jumping over a car.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by omare View Post
    I personally would have questions on doing business with someone that thinks a good advertisement of their skills as a trainer is a picture of them jumping over a car.
    For what it's worth, I know he bought the full brother of my horse from the same breeder I did. She said he paid and I know the horse is nice. White gelding - split in one ear

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwhat0056 View Post
    Does anybody have any experience with Luis Galindo? I am interested in one of his horses but am a little leery as I have never seen or heard of him at all. Does anybody know his riding or training abilities?
    Thanks
    Hmmm, what a coincidence a very first post from a guest gets such a "quick" negative response...
    Last edited by findeight; Sep. 15, 2014 at 08:49 AM.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by findeight View Post
    Hmmm, what a coincidence a very first post from a guest gets such a quick negative response...
    Yep especially when you look at the "sold" horses on a certain website

And the original post was from 2010.

P.
    A Wandering Albertan - NEW Africa travel blog!

2 members found this post helpful.

If 57 months = quick.

Quote Originally Posted by findeight View Post
    Hmmm, what a coincidence a very first post from a guest gets such a quick negative response...

6 members found this post helpful.

Hey, I forgot the " " around the quick. Teach me to be up that late, that was part of my point.

We got some weird bumps on here lately, quite a few of them.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

I've never actually met him, but am FB "friends" with him. Before we knew much about him, a friend had suggested I contact him about working with my horse. So I messaged him on FB and he gave me his number to contact him for when he was going to be in the area the following weekend. I texted him the next weekend, and he thought that I was some girl he had contacted from match.com, and then even when I clarified who I was, he suggested that I meet with him at his hotel. Um, thanks, but no thanks! Shortly afterwards, some girl posted a mostly naked picture of herself to his FB page, and that was pretty amusing.

A few months later, I was boarding at a barn where the BM knew him. She told me about her experience with him from a previous barn, and after hearing her story, I'd never let him come within 10 feet of my horse. Add all of that to the stolen horse controversy that was splashed all over FB, I think it would probably be best to just run the other direction.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

See u at X - sorry you had that rather interesting communication w/ this person but
    your post is quite amusing.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by gottagrey View Post
    See u at X - sorry you had that rather interesting communication w/ this person but
    Totally agree with this! :-)
    Triple J Ranch Sporthorses
    www.triplejsporthorse.com
    Member - OMGiH I LOFF my mare(s) clique

I just "admired" his ads that use to run "The Equiery" .

Quote Originally Posted by gottagrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by inca View Post
    Totally agree with this! :-)
    It's OK...I laugh about it, too! He's been described to me as "a tiny, little ballerina of a man who wears ladies Secret deoderant." I swear, you just can't make this stuff up!
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

No go. I sold a horse to him/BM/trainer of a barn. My trainer advised me not to sell to him, but I was in a tight spot and was moving cross country in a 2 days. I had never heard of him either before that. He was really rough with her in the trial. I was advertising her as green and he put the jumps up to 3'6' and made her face them until she went. Switched her from a happy mouth loose ring to a phelham. He had about 30 more seconds before I told him to get off of her. I told the BM/trainer I wasn't comfortable with her jumping like that and switching bits, but she assured me they were interested and "Just wanted to see what she was willing to do." Later saw the horse on FB packing kids around for lessons, trail rides, etc. No trace of her anywhere now that I can find. Saddens me because I really did like that one. He was a little sketchy IMO. If I had to do it over, I would have never done business with them.