The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Could have been bad, but a happy ending!

I got a call last night from a woman in KY. who just bought a TB. mare I used to own. I sold her 2 yrs. ago as a broodmare to a woman in CA. That person told me she was going to breed her to a warmblood, which had been my plan 'til money got tight. Then when Equine Express picked her up I was told she wasn't going to CA., but to KY. to be bred to a race stallion. I kept my mouth shut, but thought what a mistake! LONNNNNG story short Shadow was bred, and foaled without problem, but the stud fee was never paid and she defaulted on the board. This mare, and I believe 5 others, were going to a sheriff's auction when "my caller" found out about them and luckily she went to see them and liked "Shadow" and bought her

Kudos to Waterford Farms in KY. for continuing to take excellent care of Shadow without getting paid! The new owner says she's utd on worming, vaccinations, hoof care and is fat and happy. And, they must keep meticulous records because they still had my name and ph. no. from the shipper. I was able to give the new owner a lot a background, since Waterford was under the impression this was her 1st foal. In fact it was her 3rd. She's also super quiet to ride, should someone feel inclined
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Good grief! It's not Spyder's dam is it?

I'll send you new pics soon when they aren't covered head to toe in mud. She's doing great!

Thanks for sharing your happy ending story ~ we need to hear more of these ~ Jingles for Shadow in her new home.
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

So glad it all worked out! It's scary when stuff like that happens!

On another note - how is Stella? Hard to believe they are almost 2!
    Cloverfox Stables

mlranch, oh no not Spyder's dam! She's not going anywhere. If I tried to separate her from Vinny (our mini donkey) I'm sure he'd commit suicide! I'd love to see pictures anytime you get chance!

FHH...Stellar is spoiled rotten and is on a diet Every time I tell her that vacation is over, and it's time to go to work, the weather gets bad and we can't do anything. I think I've seen her on her knees praying to the snow god.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?