In my race to get everything done in time to go to Chicago for Christmas I forgot my mare's 9 month rhino shot. She was supposed to get it on the 21st. Think I should give it to her tomorrow or just wait and give it with the pre-foaling shots?
That's the problem, it is twelve days late but only 19 days from the pre-foaling shots. I don't have a repro vet as of today unless they hired a replacement that I am not aware of and my regular vets would have less of a clue than me. They are awesome track vets but know little to nothing about repro.
I would be inclined to give it now and follow with the pre-foaling shots when they are due, in part because generally I prefer to give as few shots as possible on any one day (and stagger vaccines). But I would consult with your vet.
Edited to add: sorry, I forgot your vet moved. Hmm, if you can't get a more authoritative answer I could ask my vet Monday.
Go ahead and give it now, and then give the pre-foaling vaccines at the regular time. The rhino is to prevent the mare from aborting, the pre-foaling vaccines are really for the foal's benefit. B/c the mare can still abort due to rhino at this stage, it is better to give it late than to not give it/wait longer.