The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Carthino-Z

Was just reviewing a 2007 issue of IDS, and the stallion Carthino-Z caught my eye (Carthago-Z x Amor x Nimmerdor). Really an appealing appearance and positive remarks. I find his pedigree interesting, he is out of Dakina (Amor x Nimmerdor), an Elite, Pref, Prestatie mare. This mare is also the dam of two other approved KWPN stallions, Hofnar (now deceased) and Lexicon (Voltaire). Wouldn't I love to own a mare like that!
    Anybody know anything about either Carthino-Z or Lexicon? I did look up their KWPN remarks. Is frozen available in the U.S.?

Default Lexicon, Carthino-Z ?

bump

I'm going to give one more bump-lol. Anyone have any experience with offspring of Lexicon? I am looking at using him on my Mermus R x Nimmerdor mare. I remember him from when he was showing in Ca and I was always really impressed with him. Any KWPN experts out there?

Default Carthino Z

I was talking with a guy I know about possible stallions. During the horse show in Dublin, he got talking to the Dutch judge of the loose jumping final. The Dutch guy's opinion was that in general Irish mares need more power. He said that Carthino was a stallion that would suit a really blood mare.

He came second in the 7 year olds at Zangersheide in 2007.

http://www.teammorsink.nl/Carthino.php

bump again...

Anybody seen any offspring? Have finally stepped away from Burggraaf for my mare after seeing the rectangular trend in all of her siblings. Very curious what people are seeing in Carthino Z and his kiddos.
    Last edited by Darden19; Jan. 23, 2013 at 03:02 PM.

Wembley Farm in Wellington has a product of this line, Zemilion, out of a full sister to Lexicon and by Emilion. He's doing the 1.40 - 1.50s with Nicholas Dello Joio up. Lovely horse, perfect disposition, great bone, beautiful eyes, super sound. He's a gelding but is quite the advertisement for that mare line.

Great mare family. I think he must not be frozen for the states yet, which is a shame. I'd love to get a hold of a dose or two for my mare!!