The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Heads up- Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit 8:00 6/16

It's on the Hallmark Movie Channel (HMC) at 8:00 Eastern. Enjoy!
    Last edited by MHM; Jun. 17, 2010 at 10:35 AM.

Drat, I guess we don't get that channel--I got so excited! We just get regular Hallmark...

That was such a great movie. One of the few that I just don't cringe at all of "not a chance a horse person would do this". I watched last night, and OMG Dean Jones was so young.

Really, they could just have a HitGFS channel and run that movie over and over, as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe they could add some behind the scenes stuff or Kathy Kusner commentary to fill in the gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar85 View Post
    That was such a great movie. One of the few that I just don't cringe at all of "not a chance a horse person would do this". I watched last night, and OMG Dean Jones was so young.

A horse person would pull a two horse trailer with a Morgan sports car?????? ROFLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy M View Post
    A horse person would pull a two horse trailer with a Morgan sports car?????? ROFLOL
    If you used the built-in bar from the one trailer, after a few drinks it might not seem so crazy.

I just watched it via Netflix. That is classic! The bar with TV in the side under an awning. I love it. And I love the slippers he wears when he rides Aspercel. Hysterical

I saw the trailer hooked up to the family station wagon. The daughters boyfriend had a sportscar.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

I work with Hallmark Channel on their social media stuff. If you're interested in making the movie into a family movie night with kids, we have downloadable crafts and instructions for horsey cupcakes here: http://www.facebook.com/hallmarkmovi...2823022&ref=ts

Just select "Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit" from the menu. I don't have kids, but I'm going to make the cupcakes for my next barn party.
    Daxia Digital: for all your social media and online marketing needs
    www.daxiadigital.com

^ Totally fun!!!

The actor Dean Jones sure played in a lot of Disney movies.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

Actually Aspercel was in KY this weekend... He did the Hunter Derby at the Country Heir II show. Looks GREAT for as old as he is!
    Not all who wander are lost.

I was watching this recently and my hubby said "oh man, not the horse in the brown pajamas!" Lol, at least he was close with the name, and gave me a good chuckle even though he was complaining about it being on the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by SBrentnall View Post
    I work with Hallmark Channel on their social media stuff. If you're interested in making the movie into a family movie night with kids, we have downloadable crafts and instructions for horsey cupcakes here: http://www.facebook.com/hallmarkmovi...2823022&ref=ts

Just select "Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit" from the menu. I don't have kids, but I'm going to make the cupcakes for my next barn party.
    Those are too cute! My kids loves that movie, too.
    Jer 29: 11-13

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    I just watched it via Netflix. That is classic! The bar with TV in the side under an awning. I love it. And I love the slippers he wears when he rides Aspercel. Hysterical

I saw the trailer hooked up to the family station wagon. The daughters boyfriend had a sportscar.
    Yes. And it was a condition of him having the sportscar that he take his sister to horse shows... And you see the small British sportscar pulling a two-horse trailer. Riiiiight. Well - I've seen a Mustang pull a trailer, but I sure wouldn't do it, and I'd have my doubts about stopping the trailer. Especially since in "those days" most trailers had surge brakes, not electric ones. In those long-ago days, a friend once tried to stop on an amber light, and her trailer with surge brakes pushed her half-ton pickup right through the intersection, even with her foot on the brakes. And that was just a standard old Miley QH trailer - not some big WB sized one. I have visions of what it would do to a sportscar. My recollection is that You'll note that in the movie, dad with the family station wagon pulling the trailer with Aspercel drives on past the sports car after they chat - the sportscar doesn't move while hitched to the trailer. (probably because it COULDN'T!) LOL

I used to know this but I forget...who was Kathy Kusner riding? and Aspercell is still alive? Does he go by that name? He couldn't be alive !!! that movie is over 40 years old....did I miss something?

I see it was Aberali (sp???) I still finf Kathy Kusner to be one of the most exciting riders to watch...I just wish the tapes you can watch on you tube were more clear.