The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What full seat breeches should I get?

I got some Kerrits Microcord f/s ones for xmas, and I already have some so I'm gonna exchange them..Anyhow what should I get instead. I have about $120 to spend, and heres a short list of what I can think of(feel free to give opinions or suggest different stuff)

Kerrits Sit-Tight supreme breeches
    Ovation Microweave DX f/s breeches
    Romfh International f/s breeches
    Dublin Supra fit breeches

Like I said if you have anything to add feel free
    P.S...Anyone know where I can find some cheap schooling breeches, I'm a size 30-32R. PM if you do or have some extras

Best way is to try them on and see what feels right to you. Happy shopping!
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Try the Ovation Ultra DX as well. The fabric is like breeches 2X the price!

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan46 View Post
    Do you have them or able to tell me anything about them? Thanks

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

You might want to post your question on the dressage or eventing sections.

Most h/j riders do not generally wear full seats and they are not acceptable to show in in a hunter or eq ring. Every once in a while you will see a jumper rider wearing them but it is unusual... most wear the standard knee patch variety.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

Quote Originally Posted by Lucassb View Post
    You might want to post your question on the dressage or eventing sections.

Most h/j riders do not generally wear full seats and they are not acceptable to show in in a hunter or eq ring. Every once in a while you will see a jumper rider wearing them but it is unusual... most wear the standard knee patch variety.
    I do h/j and I wear nothing but f/s breeches. I didn't know it wasn't acceptable for show cuz I've seen it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Raaben View Post
    I do h/j and I wear nothing but f/s breeches. I didn't know it wasn't acceptable for show cuz I've seen it before.
    Are you showing a local circuit or USEF A rated shows? I don't show that many As right now but I haven't full seats outside of jumpers. Haven't seen them on the local level either.

I haven't seen any full seat leather lined breeches...even over in jumper land which is where they do pop up time to time.

Now I do see a lot of those Euro seat style breeches...is that what you are seeing?
    "I'm not crazy...my mother had me tested"

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan46 View Post
    I agree, I love the fabric Ovation uses and they come in knee patch versions as well.

My personal favorites are the Cotton Naturals and the Dublin Full seat breeches.
    Ryu Equestrian & Facebook Page
    Sakura Hill Farm & Facebook Page
    Boarding, Training, Consignment Sales & Breeding
    Osteen & Gainesville, Florida.

Default OVATION ULTRA DX

I do not ride dressage but my sister does. She keeps telling me that her Ovation full seats actually keep her seat dry in the summer. No sweat encrusted full seats. Seems like that is really a big issue.
    The fabric is very euro but the DRILEX [sp?] inner skin keeps her dry.. very cool..{.oops sorry}

Anyway here is a link

http://ovationriding.com/en/ovation_...?prd=207630273

The Ovation Dri-lex are great. You don't realize how much your legs sweat until you wear these. Wore them on show jump day at a very hot, humid, event this summer and they worked amazing. I have both the leather seat and the suede seat. The leather seat gives you lots of grip, the suede seat just a little more but I actually like the suede seat more. I own like 7 or so pairs of these now because I wear them on a daily basis. The original ones I had I was using just to go XC and show jump in, after the 40th or so wash they started to pill a little bit but nothing drastic. I've gotten great use out of mine and will continue to wear and buy these pants. The price is very reasonable and the fabric really does wick away moisture.

I have the Kerrits Sit Tights too...they are okay nothing special. The first time I wore them they made a horrible squeaking noise when I would post from the full seat rubbing against the leather saddle. Of course I was on a straight green bean who was petrified of me being up there with this noise. It sounded like duct tape ripping every time I posted! I can't say these are my favorites but after a wash or so that squeaking hasn't happened again.

Good luck in your search. I event and do the jumpers. I wear full seats in all phases of eventing as well as when I show in the jumpers. I love them.
    "Want to ride for fun? Ride a carousel."-Gina Miles

I just realized your beginning post said the Ovation Microweave breeches. I have those too, they are pretty good however the best from the ovation line is the Ovation Euroweave. Both breeches have the drilex in the fullseat which is useful however the Euroweave fabric is 4 way stretch and wicks away moisture. I prefer the Euroweaves to the Microweaves.
    "Want to ride for fun? Ride a carousel."-Gina Miles

Irideon full seats fit really nice, have you tried them?

Quote Originally Posted by EventingDiva View Post
    I just realized your beginning post said the Ovation Microweave breeches. I have those too, they are pretty good however the best from the ovation line is the Ovation Euroweave. Both breeches have the drilex in the fullseat which is useful however the Euroweave fabric is 4 way stretch and wicks away moisture. I prefer the Euroweaves to the Microweaves.
    Well the ones I meant were the Ultra DX ones I'm not sure bout them though cuz I can't find a tack shop that carries them I like my kerrits cuz they are durable and my other Ovations the stiching is coming apart after only a few rides..

Are the Ultra DX water resistant also? I'd love to find something I won't mind wearing to bathe and when it rains. Any other thoughts on the Ovations as far as fit etc?

Do the Ovation Ultra DX fit like the nicer, more expensive breeches? I tried a bunch of breeches on recently and, man, the cheaper ones are not very flattering! Of course the ones that fit perfectly were the $300+ Pikeurs (gorgeous!) that were this very hi-tech kind of material. ..Okay it's been a while since I've tried on breeches. I'm sure these cool fabrics are not a news flash for most.

Are the Ovation's a similar hi-tech fabric?

IIRC, they are not expressly forbidden, but in hunters, you don't want to draw attention to the fact that your horse isn't smooth and therefore you need extra stick - most judges will look twice and wonder why you're wearing them. In eq, you DEFINITELY don't want to draw attention to the fact that you need extra stick. In jumpers or for schooling, no one cares.
    ---
    They're small hearts.

I HATE the griptek fabric that Kerrits uses. It's like rubber and it really sticks, so much that I find it impossible to use my leg effectively. It also makes a squeaky noise against the saddle. I got a pair from TOTD and wore them only once, waste of money.

I LOVE Irideon Cadence full seats, super comfortable. I also have a pair of the Kerritts sit tight full seats. After some wear time they're not so sticky but at first they will just stop short of gluing you down. After some wear now I actually really like them. Great for greenies.

Quote Originally Posted by hb View Post
    I HATE the griptek fabric that Kerrits uses. It's like rubber and it really sticks, so much that I find it impossible to use my leg effectively. It also makes a squeaky noise against the saddle. I got a pair from TOTD and wore them only once, waste of money.
    Well at the time I got them I needed the stick but now I just don't know what other breeches to get