The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

roundbalebetty Guest

Exclamation Needs home ASAP! 8 yr-old ASB mare, school horse/sprt horse--KY

Former poster here ...

I have an 8-yr-old ASB mare that is beginner broke and excellent with children. A real sweetheart. Has been successfully bred but am now out of that business due to grim finances.

Would make an excellent companion horse, child's/beginners school horse (was used in a program previously), or show or sport horse brood mare (has had nice babies). She's 'big boned' (ie, not typey), stout, but pretty. Not quite 16 hands. No bad habits.

Slight Downside: she has metabolic syndrome but it is manageable by controlling her diet and providing regular exercise (such as a school horse program). Looking for good program or experienced owner with ability to manage her care. Can be turned out but needs oversight.

Had no health problems until this (very easy keeper) -- she only got into trouble this last year due to being in a very lush pasture. Truly a wonderful horse and I hate it that I'm not able to keep her as I no longer have the resources. You would need to provide transport to location and need to find a place for her ASAP.

Send me PM for more info. There is a video of her. Thanks for your help and/or referral and I'm crossing my fingers she'd be a good match for someone.
    Last edited by roundbalebetty; Dec. 28, 2009 at 10:57 PM. Reason: for clarification