The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

horselover21 Guest

Default Free Thoroughbred horses

I am trying to find homes for thoroughbreds horses off the race track. They have been raced at Penn National Race Course in Grantville, Pa. They will be given to GOOD HOMES ONLY and are not to be raced. One of them is a 2 year old colt he is sound and ran 5 times he won one race but just isnt fast enough to keep racing. The second is a 2 year old black filly with a white blaze she ran 10 times and won one race and is a total sweetheart to be around. She just dosent have alot of ability to race. She is also sound. The third is an 8 year old gelding with alot of class that deserves a good home. He has won 5 races and won over $150,000. He is very nice to be around. He has an old bow on each leg that dosent bother him now but if he would continue to race it would hinder his ability to run. He won his last start and has been turned out since 11-29-09. He had the bows before I got him and they were set, the last time he ran he pulled som lesions but was sound a week after his race. He would be able to be a trail horse or a family pet. He is very nice to be around. I also have a 5 year old stud that has a large bow. he had the bow when I got him and he raced a few times and won but now he needs a little rest. He would need the winter off then he could be a trail horse. If you have any intrest in these horses please let me know, or if you are looking for a perticular type of horse please tell me because I have alot of horses that I try to find good homes for and if I don't have exactly what you are looking for now I probably will in the future. I only want these horses to go to GOOD homes. You will be in charge of getting the horses shipped. They are near Penn National Race Course in Grantville, Pa.

Welcome! Perhaps posting their pedigrees and/or photos might get pique some interest.

Good luck!
    Experience is what you get, when you didn't get what you wanted.

horselover21 Guest

Thanks! I didnt know we could post pictures on this site, I'm new to this chronicle. Anyway the 2 year old colt is by Smarty Jones and the 2 year old filly is by Freud. I will figure out how to post pictures and get them on the site, I just need to find good homes for these horses.

Just post a bunch of pictures to Webshots.com and then copy and paste the link to the album. I imagine you will get a home for the two babies very quickly. Be sure to take nice conformation pictures of them, similar to the ones one www.canterusa.org. You can also call the people at Canterusa.org and ask them to list them for you. They have a wonderful website and they are great to work with.

You can also buy a premium membership for about 20$ or so, and post the pix right on your post.

And list them in paragraphs, so they are easier to read.

Also, so long as we're making suggestions . . . if you give their Jockey Club names & not just their sire's names, it would help some of us (although it will matter not at all to others).

Thanks
    Hidden Echo Farm, Carlisle, PA -- home of JC palomino sire Canadian Kid (1990 - 2013) & AQHA sire Lark's Favorite, son of Rugged Lark.

My shipper is an enabler! Gave me a killer price on shipping the two youngsters down to NC..... :-)

Jennifer

Jenn, did you take them? I made arrangements to go see them this weekend, emailed the owner to confirm, and haven't heard back yet...

Yeah the vet is going to do HC's and my shipper is adding them to her pickup schedule next week. They're going to come be future event horses :-)

Owner is having a busy busy week apparently!

Jennifer

Congrats! I was going to make them hunters!

Default Jennifer?

Did you see the 5 year old stud, do you know how he is bred? I asked the OP but did not hear back. A friend is looking for a TB to cross onto his QH mares.

Quote Originally Posted by paintjumper View Post
    Did you see the 5 year old stud, do you know how he is bred? I asked the OP but did not hear back. A friend is looking for a TB to cross onto his QH mares.
    Paintjumper, not ot hijack the thread, but so long as the original horses are placed - just wanted to point out a CANTER PA stallion --

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...&directory=279

I haven't seen him in person, but love his picture. I think if they stood him up a little better, you'd see a nice shoulder, too.

Also, he has some value as a regional TB stallion - his 1/2 brother (on his mother's side) won a Breeder's Cup race, which is HUGE, and his sire is also the sire of one of the top racehorses ever, Azeri. (As you can tell, I've thought about this one, but with 3 stallions now, we really don't need another!)

Anyhow, just mentioning a very reasonably priced TB stud prospect . . .
    Hidden Echo Farm, Carlisle, PA -- home of JC palomino sire Canadian Kid (1990 - 2013) & AQHA sire Lark's Favorite, son of Rugged Lark.

Default thanks KB

I printed a copy of him and the info and will mail it too him. He does not have a computer. I like him a lot. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by paintjumper View Post
    I printed a copy of him and the info and will mail it too him. He does not have a computer. I like him a lot. I appreciate it.
    How about him:http://canterusa.org/index.php?optio...&directory=282

horselover21 Guest

I wanted to thank everyone who replyed to my post about finding homes for these 4 horses. I found a home for the two two year olds in North Carolina. I also found a home for the 8 year old gelding in West Virginia. I am very happy to say that all 3 of them will get a great home. I still have the 5 year old stud available. He is 16.3 and georgous!! He is black with a white blaze and white stockings behind. He has an awesome body and he is correct. I will post pictures of him in the next day or two I have been super busy this week I take care of 80 horses and it's just been one of those weeks. Once again I want to thank everyone who replyed to my ad I am so happy I found three of them good homes. Like I said before I give horses away often when they can't race anymore so when I have some more I will post them on this forum. Thanks again and Happy New Year!!!

Hey! I am looking for a Gray or Liver Chestnut... Have any or know of any?

I lost track of my OTTB, I believe he raced in PA. I wish I could hunt him down and get him back. Ten Oaks Gala. I am looking for something like him. He was foaled in 1991.

May I ask the registered name of the stallion? I may know someone.

would be possibly interested in the stallion or have a client interested could you email me pics and reg name?? thanks amadeus131998@yahoo.com

cherie1316 Guest

Default LOOKING FOR A THOROUGHBRED FOR EVENTING

I am looking for a thoroughbred for eventing. I live in erie pa. I have a 15 year old eventer who is retiring soon. So i am looking for one under the age of 7. Does not have to be trained to jump. As long as he is sound to do so. Off the track is fine. I have ridden racehorses for 14 years so i can candle anything. If you know of any please contact me at angelsummers1316@live.com
    Thanks
    Cherie