The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Cavalia anyone?

Cavalia is coming to town and my dad said he'd love to see it. Anyone see it?
    If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on my cats.

I have a non-horse friend who saw it a couple years ago and LOVED it; she tried to talk me into seeing it this fall in Wash. DC but I was in the midst of moving.......

my opinion.... the less you know about horses the more impressed you will be.

my opinion.
    the at liberty work was wonderful and I know something about horses.

the quarter horse stuff was not so impressive
    A man must love a thing very much if he not only practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well.--G. K. Chesterton

I agree with above posters, but if you are willing to suspend the "horseperson" part of your brain for just a littttlllle bit- its very theatrical and colorful. I took my then SO whose not horsey AT-ALL and we both had a nice time, for different reasons. Although I think she wonders why I dont leap in and out of the saddle on a galloping horse now... shouldve thought that part out better.

My husband and I went the day after Christmas this year and loved it. I've been heavily involved with horses all my life (not saying how long ) and still loved the drama and acrobatics. I think they might deviate the actual show a bit from city to city because I saw someone comment on the QH stuff - we didn't get any QH stuff unless you are talking about the trick riding which was in the second part after intermission. That was absolutely mind boggling, humorous and dazzling - and it went on non-stop for quite some time. I don't want to say too much so as not to give the show away to someone who hasn't seen it but I do have to say that you should not go to see Cavalia for any particular riding style - it involved lite dressage or really high schooling of the horses, lite western, Roman riding, and trick riding. Do go to see it if you enjoy the beauty, the romance, and the naturally inquisitive nature of the horse. The costumes were also gorgeous!

We got the horse lover's tickets and had to remain in our seats while the general ticket holders left after the show. We got to watch a young stallion being schooled while we waited and it was quite a show in itself. Then we toured the barn and saw all 58 horses in person - all were well groomed, eating and looked very content and cared for.
    Susan N.

Don't get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

WEG tickets are about the same price, and they are the best riders in the world.
    I chose to spend my money on WEG. Friends that have gone to Cavalia felt had.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

I saw Cavalia in Boston a couple of years ago.
    It still mesmerizes me.
    I honestly don't know how someone who knows nothing about horses to someone who has horse training expertise can think anything but wow.
    Maybe the show has changed, but when I saw it, it was the best thing ever.
    Equine Affaire has fantasia, which isn't even in the same ball park as Cavalia.
    Cavalia is a take off of Cirque du Soleil with horses.

I recently went to a cirque du soleil show and was disappointed. Cavalia was so much more inspirational and awesome, merely because horses were so well trained as well as excellent riders doing all sorts of extreme riding to music and magical stage.

I guess I feel very strongly that it is well worth the money and time!