The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default which magazine to get?

I am a racing fan (not owner) --like to follow racing and would like to subscribe either to Thoroughbred Times or Blood Horse--which is better?
    thanks!

i too am a racing fan,and i read the Bloodhorse online..i have also read the Thoroughbred Times and find i tend to favor Bloodhorse...they update thier magazine daily and i like the "Talking Horses"segment that they do

I much prefer (and subscribe to!) Thoroughbred Times. The quality of the BH has really gone downhill the last couple of years.
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

Throughbred Times.

Both publications have their strengths. What are your primary interests? Industry news? Handicapping? Breeding? Racing in the US or worldwide? Sales?

Not mentioned in the OP, but online subscriptions to Thoroughbred Daily News are free.
    Last edited by Alibhai's Alibar; Dec. 27, 2009 at 02:23 AM. Reason: clarity
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

I like both of them so I think you probably can't go wrong either way. TB Times does tend to give a more balanced view of the industry while the BloodHorse is more likely to whitewash some stuff. Unfortunately for BH, they've made some big cuts in staff in the last year and it really shows in the size of the magazine and the number of articles. Still they generally do a very good job with their racing, breeding, and sales coverage and if I could only read one or the other, I'd probably stick with BH.

Default which magazine to get?

mostly interested in articles about bloodlines, breeding, races more than just statistics--thank you all for the input