The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default So...The People Of Wal Mart

A special Christmas edition

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com
    "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

I know it's late at night, and I must be a little giddy -- but that website cracked me up!

Oh, the guy at school who got he and his wife kicked out of yoga told me about this..... .

Love the site - it cracks me up! And I had my own "people of Walmart" experience on the 24th... I wish I had had the cajones to take a picture. Really pretty, tall, thin black girl wearing those painted on skinny jeans, a fitted top that actually fit. The WTF part was the yellow and black bumblebee striped leg warmers she was wearing... Really? WTF????
    Not all who wander are lost.

The first one of those I saw my eyes just about popped out of my head and I almost died laughing...then gradually it dawned on me that it is a bit mean to make taking photos of odd looking people into a sport. However, I do have my bad side.

I think this site is hilarious, I've been an avid follower since the last Off Topic day. I just wish that people who upload the photos had to upload a pic of themselves too - I mean, who are these people who think they are sooooo superior that they can stalk others surreptitiously around a store, camera-phone in hand and still look 'normal' themselves??

Quote Originally Posted by Amchara View Post
    Oh, the guy at school who got he and his wife kicked out of yoga told me about this..... .
    Um...OK why? I think you need to elaborate

As far as being mean spirited, hmmm, maybe. I think it is more in the spirit of fun or therapy. Like Page 4 the guy wearing a fake horse tail and flame boots to shop - one must wonder WHY? http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?paged=4 And you must wonder if he is there shopping shouldn't other people be allowed to know? And discuss as therapy of sorts. One can not remain unscarred by what one is forced to deal with/look at while shopping there. I never see these "Wal Creatures" elsewhere - do you?

In the meantime when I need a serious giggle I know where I can find it!
    "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

Default Holy S#*t- seriously!!

ROTFLMBO! Thx so much- words can not express the feeling- truly

If you read through that blog, there are some real doozies. You think "How does someone go out of the house like that?"

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

apparently cheap chinese made mirrors are not selling quite as well at Wally World as they should be!!!
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

Default I was at Kings Island Many, Many years ago...

And there was a family or at least a couple, I can't recall completely, there, that was a mess dressed wise, mans fly was unzipped, one pocket turned wrong side out, woman's dress just didn't work, etc. They had camera's themselves, taking pics of the crowds. I think they were there to get pics, of the people around them having fun, for advertising stuff.....
    " iCOTH " window/bumper stickers. Wood Routed Stall and Farm Signs
    http://www.bluemooncustomsigns.com

Quote Originally Posted by grandprixjump View Post
    And there was a family or at least a couple, I can't recall completely, there, that was a mess dressed wise, mans fly was unzipped, one pocket turned wrong side out, woman's dress just didn't work, etc. They had camera's themselves, taking pics of the crowds. I think they were there to get pics, of the people around them having fun, for advertising stuff.....
    I am from SW Ohio, and although I haven't been to Kings Island in years, I do remember quite well... the...um...."great people watching". Surely, since I have been it must only have gotten more entertaining!
    lindasp62
    Founder & Donor/Account Advisor
    Brennan Equine Welfare Fund
    http://www.brennanequinewelfarefund.com/index.html