The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Sadly, I missed out on this season. Gonna have to get the Blu-Rays.

The finale was CRAZY, I'm still shocked.

It will definitely be a lot of information to process the next season.

Does anyone else hate when Dexter does his monologues and starts talking about "The Dark Passenger"? It just sounds so cheesy and forced to me.

Glad I found this thread!

I didn't see the finale coming, either. I did feel they really made Rita a PITA (hey, that rhymed) this season and that seemed like a left turn from nowhere.

I'm wondering if it wasn't Trinity who killed Rita but the neighbor instead...something kinda creepy about him.

If it is the neighbor Dexter is really going to have his hands full. I'm sure he'll be chopped into a million pieces in no time. Dexter is awfully good at that.

The Trinity killer seriously gave me nightmares. He is the creepiest guy ever! So twisted and deranged. The whole bath tub thing really haunted my mind.

I don't think they'll blast paste all the problems surrounding Rita's murder/Kyle/why Trinty would pick Rita when she doesn't fit his MO/what to do with the kids, etc. That will be the tension for this next season.

Sometimes Julie Benz does things that, to me, slightly give away that she's romantic with Michael C. Hall. Just sometimes the ways she looks/touches him and a little un-sisterly. I think she does a super job with her character, I just wish they made her less 1 dimensional.

And yes, Dexer, dark passenger and all is pretty amazingly hot
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

There is a guy at the dog park I frequent who looks exactly like Michael C Hall!

I'm so glad Rita is gone. Her character drove me up the walls...

Can't wait for next season!!! It's going to be so insanely good.

In the books, Astor and Cody start developing killer tendencies and Dexter begins mentoring them. The books are completely different than the series (the first one stays relatively true to the first season).

I am not sorry to see Rita gone. Her character was beyond annoying.
    When life gives you lemons. . .say &%^# you lemons! And throw those lemons back in life's face so that it will be afraid of you and won't try that crap again!

AAAGH!!!!

I am a HUGE Dexter fan, but since I don't have Showtime I usually just wait for the season to come out on DVD and then have a 2-day "Dexter" marathon with my boyfriend (who, ironically, *is* a clinically diagnosed psychopath (Antisocial Personality Disorder is what it says in his file ) so him and Dexter share many wonderful, antisocial characteristics... )

Anyway, haven't seen ANY of the season, but I HAD to open this thread... talk about a spoiler!

It's okay, though. Rita has always annoyed the heck out of me. And I'll try really hard to keep my mouth shut when the boy and I watch it together.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Sometimes Julie Benz does things that, to me, slightly give away that she's romantic with Michael C. Hall. Just sometimes the ways she looks/touches him and a little un-sisterly. I think she does a super job with her character, I just wish they made her less 1 dimensional.
    Michael C Hall is married to Jennifer Carpenter (Deb), not Julie Benz (Rita).
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

I looooove this show. I think the Rita storyline had played itself out; it was becoming too much of an anchor on his character. Lose her--especially in this violent way--and now not only is he free (well, minus the kids), but he may develop a taste for vengeance and tell Ghostlight Harry to take his code and suck it.

I think Cody and Astor will go to the grandparents. Harrison? Trickier. Should go to Dexter, but maybe he'll go to the grandparents so Dex is suddenly "free" again. My understanding, though, is in the book Dex starts training Cody in the ways of the serial killer--that might be an interesting turn they take with any of those kids.

Dexter has no alibi for the time of Rita's murder. "I was out chopping up another serial killer's body and dumping it in the ocean." Curious whether they'll go in the direction of making him a suspect, or just a victim.

Speaking of things you can't get out of your head-does anyone else get freaked out when you see someone sporting different color nail polish on each finger?

Quote Originally Posted by mkevent View Post
    Speaking of things you can't get out of your head-does anyone else get freaked out when you see someone sporting different color nail polish on each finger?
    ROTFLMAO. Yes

Oh duh, yes you're right EponaRoan... I got the names wrong. But it's Deb who is married to Dexter in real life and occasionally does something that strikes me as just a tiny but "unsister-like".
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

With this being the last season of Dexter, how do you think it will end?
    I think it will be violent and not a happy ending for Dexter, especially in light of how last season ended.
    Maybe Debra will end up killing him? I can't wait for it to begin, just sad that it will be the last of the show!

I have to get my Showtime ordered as I am not used to the new season starting so early! I think Harrison will be dispatched at some point to his grandparents and it will come down at the end to Dexter and Deb...I predict murder-suicide as she cannot live without Dexter.

It kind of--no, not kind of--went off the rails for me last season. Some moments were truly laugh-out-loud ridiculous. We still watch it for the entertainment value of the ridiculous, and we do really like the Dexter character, but from there...meh. As parents of young children, it's obvious Harrison is now just a very inconvenient prop. It appears the writers used him as an interesting twist for a year or two, and now don't know what the heck to do with him except make him "go away.'

I see this final season ending with Dex and/or Deb dead or in jail. Since it IS the final season, I have hope the writers are just going to go balls-to-the-wall.

I predict.... Dexter will wind up in prison, and Deb will go off and start a new life. Only locked up can he be controlled. And in the end, he will sacrifice himself so Deb does not have to be ruined.

Between now and then... some truly hellacious wild nuttiness is going to ensue. Poor Deb will likely be driven to the point of a serious suicide attempt. And Dexter will have a 'grand finale' of killing off folks right and left. Should be fun!!

I'm wondering how in the heck they'll get out of the last season's cliffhanger (Dexter and Deb with a dead boss).

When does the new season start?
    For things to do in Loudoun County, visit: www.365thingstodoloudoun.com

June I think. Can't wait!!!
    Missouri Fox Trotters-To ride one is to own one

Standardbreds, so much more then a harness racing horse.