The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dexter fans!

What did you think of the season finale?? I have to admit I should have seen it coming but didn't. Really very sad to see Rita in that tub. I think the picture is etched forever in my mind!!! I cannot figure out what the writers are going to do without Rita--so Dexter now has 3 kids to take care of?? I figure they must be bringing her mother back? Don't know how I feel about that but sad that Rita is gone now.

That was one of the best finales I've ever seen! I totally did not expect that. It actually gave me chills to see the baby sitting in all that blood. That said, I couldn't stand Rita and I'm not sorry she's gone. It might have been better had she just left Dexter and moved away, but what a shocking ending!

I'm hoping all the kids will go live with Rita's parents. I think the wife and kids angle put a cramp in his serial killing. I love the show. Can't wait for next season.

1 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Dexter is best when unleashed. The "family" is holding him back. Added a nice dynamic for a bit to the fairly formulaic show and helps put some humanity into his otherwise bland persona but he's a predator who needs to hunt. The previous season showed what happens when his attachments get the better of him and the family is a huge liability in that regard.

I'm going to bet they send the two older kids off with their paternal grandparents & we don't hear from them again. The baby ... I dunno. Puts a big cramp in Dexter's style to have to take care of a baby and I don't see (possibly childfree) Deb taking it on as some in other forums think she should do.
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

what other forums talk about Dexter? do tell...sorry for the t/j..

I love Dexter and was shocked as well....what the heck happened? She was in a car to go out of town...how did she end up home? Did I miss that part? Would love a clue to that one.

Ugh, couldn't stand Rita and wasn't sad to see her go. I am hoping John Lithgow returns in the next season in flashback form. Remember how they did that with Brian at the outset of Season 2? I don't know why they don't take advantage of that more often. Harry shouldn't be the only memory haunting Dexter. I actually think they're going to use Rita in flashback. She's the balance to the side of Dexter that Harry brings out.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    what other forums talk about Dexter? do tell...sorry for the t/j..

I love Dexter and was shocked as well....what the heck happened? She was in a car to go out of town...how did she end up home? Did I miss that part? Would love a clue to that one.
    They did explain this in the show but now I am not recalling 100%. She called Dexter and left him a voicemail explaining why she was going back. She forgot something back at the house and had to change to a later flight as a result.

We are to assume that the Trinity Killer found Dexter's house (preumably from an address book or other at Deb's apartment) and went back and intercepted Rita when she came back to pick up whatever she forgot. He was very lucky. Rita was almost away and entirely out of his grips... and then Rita foiled the plan by going back to the house.

Guess Dexter SHOULD have killed Trinty earlier when he had the chance (several chances, actually).
    ~Veronica

Wow, I LOVE this show! I just started watching it this season. Of course, he cannot tell everyone to stop looking for Trinity, since he is in Hefty bags at the bottom of the sea. I wonder if between the little kid Dexter rescued and Trinity's wife and kids, will they connect Dexter/Kyle to Trinity?
    The ending was a huge shock, did not see that coming at all!

Best (snarky) source of tv show discussion I've found is Television without Pity:

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/

Some of the folks on there were theorizing that Dex and Deb could just raise the kidlets together.

Rita forgot her id to get on the plane and had to come back. She rescheduled her flight and (presumably) decided to wait at home with the baby until closer to flight time.

Rita was annoying, although I like the actress who plays her. She was pretty fierce as Darla on Angel. Now if Darla and Dexter got together ...

Quote Originally Posted by NJRider View Post
    Wow, I LOVE this show! I just started watching it this season. Of course, he cannot tell everyone to stop looking for Trinity, since he is in Hefty bags at the bottom of the sea. I wonder if between the little kid Dexter rescued and Trinity's wife and kids, will they connect Dexter/Kyle to Trinity?
    The ending was a huge shock, did not see that coming at all!
    Dexter is so in trouble when it comes to Trinity's family. When the police question them, it's going to come out that "Kyle" was at the house when the SWAT team broke in. And gee... where did Kyle go? And how did Dexter get to the scene SO FAST? And get INSIDE the garage? Without his flack jacket?

Dexter dug himself a BIG hole with this one! I hope the writers tee it up so it's DEB that starts suspecting...
    ~Veronica

I can't watch any other TV anymore because Dexter has ruined it for me. NOTHING is as good.

There is one thing that has always irritated me though... why does Deb have to sleep with EVERY GUY she meets. Seriously? Anytime they introduce a new male character to the show, I am just counting the moments until Deb pounces on him. Quinn is next (and this season, I predict). She could have so much more depth to her character and they never go there. If I could fault the writers for one thing, they have written her way too shallow.
    ~Veronica

In re: the kids, i think they'll spend the first half of the season with Dexter trying to balance the kids AND his job AND his dark passenger AND disentangling himself from the Trinity situation... and then they will pack the kids off to grandma or other and write them off the show. At least in terms of regular characters. Dexter is going to be pressed into truly choosing between his family and his secret life. Last time he chose his family, I think we're going to see a dark Dexter the second half of this season... this time he's going to choose his dark passenger. Back to the Lila-esque days
    ~Veronica

If I'm recalling correctly, the next season (#5) is supposed to be the last. So perhaps Dexter will get caught or die. I hope they don't futz around with the (boring) kids for half the season! One or two episodes on that is plenty.

I kind of like the fact that Deb's promiscuous. She's just like her daddy, it seems. She's actually grown on me through the series.

The actors who play Deb and Dex are married in real life, btw.

Best season since season one by far! I did see the ending coming (Rita was being way too much of a b**** in the middle of the season for something big to not be brewing). Still amazing. I have no idea how they're going to handle it next season.

I read the actress that plays Rita had no idea she was being killed off in order to preserve the secret. They told her it was a dream sequence when they filmed it.

Julie Benz was on The Soup last week regarding Rita.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioB4hl8M6Vs

I didn't like rita but didn't see this coming, it was a great season ender, my fav charactor is deb
    i think ritas kids are going to wind up with her parents and dexter will have to deal with his son

I LOVE this show and can't wait until next season.

Does anyone else think that Dexter is going to be accused of the murder?

Deb knows he is the brother of the ice truck killer.

He has a cache of murder tools with him (not sure if he had time to stash them in the shed - but even so, they are in the shed).

Dexter had a history of erratic behavior, including being arrested for assaulting a police officer and his weird behavior toward Quin.

Masuka saw Rita kissing the neighbor and informed Dexter of it.

Trinity killer's family knows him as Kyle. His real identity will be in the news with Rita's death.

And, of course, there is the slight problem that Trinity won't be able to be found, since Dexter killed him.
    When life gives you lemons. . .say &%^# you lemons! And throw those lemons back in life's face so that it will be afraid of you and won't try that crap again!

Ugh I hated Rita... I am rather happy I won't have to listen to her whining anymore (except maybe in a flashbacks *shudder*).

I think they might advance the plot a few years without dealing with the ins & outs of what happened with Trinity's family. Maybe to the point where Harrison begins showing murderous tendencies?

You ever notice that the Miami police are kind of... not so good at being police? Pretty much the only "natural born POlice" (to quote The Wire) was Doakes. Its not the point of the show, course, so I don't let it upset me. But they are pretty incompetent.
    Proud Member: Bull-snap Haters Clique, Michigan Clique, and Appaloosa Clique!

Did you know that Deb and Dexter are married in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by sickofcollege View Post
    Did you know that Deb and Dexter are married in real life?
    No way!!! That's so cool! I have absolutely NO idea what the next season is going to bring, but I do think they might just flash forward so they don't have to deal with answering all those questions. I think somebody might discover Dexter's MO and start hunting him... but then again I guess you'd have to know how many more seasons they plan on doing.

It's my FAVORITE show and actually the whole week before the finale I rented all of the DVDs and watched them with my family, who subsequently are now ALL hooked. Besides, Michael C. Hall is NOT hard to look at!
    Who needs wings when you've got a jumper?
    http://darkstr.webs.com