The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Default The obligatory "Heard any good new music lately" thread

I was recently introduced to Marianas Trench, Mayday Parade, and The Morning Of, and I'm currently listening to both on heavy rotation. (Like Something Corporate and Jimmy Eat World? Grab their CDs.)

Perennial favorites: Brand New (with the former vocalist of Taking Back Sunday,) Placebo (new album out this year and a new drummer, so a bit of a new sound,) Anberlin, and Jimmy Eat World.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

I have been listening to old "new" music. There seems to be a Renaissance of interest in the music that came out of the DC scene of the 80s and 90s and geezer rock comebacks of all the old bands. I guess due to the internet? 20 and 30 somethings all over it.

Its weird, but there was so much good music from that time that was lost and now is back I am hearing things I never heard and liking it!

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

I loved Del Amitri..you guys know them?
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

Lets see...

I got the latest Muse cd, love it.

Lady Gaga's "new" one..the fame monster..love it...can't get bad romance out of my head sometimes! (i highly recommend seeing her concert! it's a lot of fun and a bit over the top sometimes..but not really for kids...)

Tokio Hotel's latest one...Humanoid..(have it in german and english...they are one of my favs. )

Monty Are I...RI band..their cd "Break through the Silence" rocks. If you ever get the chance, SEE them live. they are amazing. Seen them 4 times and they have yet to disappoint.

AFI's Crash Love is also amazing. I finally got to see them perform and i loved it!

Thats what i have on repeat right now.

other must listen to music includes: HIM, Sick Puppies, 69Eyes, Within Temptation, BUCK-tick, ...etc...

Ooooh, you'd love these bands: The Downtown Fiction, 30 Seconds to Mars, All Time Low, Augustana, Beyond the Fall, The Cab, Cartel, Dashboard Confessional, Five for Fighting, Living Things,Rooney, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Trapt, Weezer, Yellowcard, Deathcab for Cutie, The Offspring, The White Tie Affair

I <3 my iPod!
    Mel

ooh, I'm a mess!@ this song is kinda old, but I LOVE doing a nice working hunter trot to it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtjRJ...eature=related
    Willow Run Connemaras
    Home of: "Willow Boy" (*Chiltern Colm ex *Sillbridge Miranda by Thunderbolt)
    ~Irish Connemara Ponies for Sport and Pleasure~
    www.willowrunconnemaras.com

Sirius radio on Dish TV has J B Vanhal Missa Pastoralis on right now and it is a HEAVENLY performance.

Too bad I missed who is performing.

I'm still obsessed with Epica's newest album, Design Your Universe, and it was released in October...
    "Why would anybody come here if they had a pony? Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense!"

Quote Originally Posted by maudie View Post
    Ooooh, you'd love these bands: The Downtown Fiction, 30 Seconds to Mars, All Time Low, Augustana, Beyond the Fall, The Cab, Cartel, Dashboard Confessional, Five for Fighting, Living Things,Rooney, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Trapt, Weezer, Yellowcard, Deathcab for Cutie, The Offspring, The White Tie Affair

I <3 my iPod!
    ..I think you just named all my favorite bands! xD

OP; I actually was listening to Yiruma this morning. And then some Falling For The Beloved. And then ever since then, I've been listening to Glee.

Quote Originally Posted by BayRuth View Post
    ..I think you just named all my favorite bands! xD

OP; I actually was listening to Yiruma this morning. And then some Falling For The Beloved. And then ever since then, I've been listening to Glee.
    That's awesome this is my favortite Downtown Fiction song, how are they not topping the charts?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0C-6...eature=related

plus, they're really cute

Have you heard of Hockey? I have their song "Song Away" in my head now
    Mel

I'm re-tuning into Leonard Cohen - an ageing poet from Montreal - in fact played his CD tonight. He had a very successful tour recently because his accountant had misappropriated his money and he had to refinance himself. He just has a voice that speaks to me and he has such a way of wording his songs. He was never that successful in long term love, and a lot of his songs speak to that. I can even hear them, which makes them easy to listen to.

Default Heard any good new music lately?

I have to say
    Sean 'Birdman' Gould and Clambake

Beer, Biscuits, and Gravy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kD5dsre9K8

(South FL, and Carolina Low Country Blues)

I've been obsessed with a local musician Bob Schneider! My favorite song is Bringdown. Listen to it, you might like it

http://www.bobschneidermusic.com/main.html

The Script is my newest favorite. Love, love, love them.

Before the Worst: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON30LOTsRks
    Breakeven: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yZ1u...eature=channel
    The Man Who Can't Be Moved: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS9o1FAszdk

And now I'm obsessed with Pandora. They make such great personalized radio stations!!