The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Acorado (and his sons)

I am infatuated with this stallion and would love to get some of his semen or have a mare by him. I been told his semen is not available, so please tell me about his sons. I am a bit overwhelmed with the choices; As di Villagana, Acodetto, Albatros, Acorino, and Adorado to name just a few....How is one to ever choose? Which are your favorites and why? I haven't chosen a mare yet, so all suggestions are welcome!! Are there any sons approved KWPN? Thank you!
    www.krausesporthorses.com
    KWPN Jumper Breeder
    www.WyngateEquestrian.com
    SE WI Boarding, Training & Sales

I've got some Adorado semen. I've been told to use it on a big mare. I've probably use it with my big Rio Grande girl.

Adorado is quite a refining stallion. I saw a three year old son of his at the 2009 BWP stallion inspections in Belgium. Really WOW! He ended up Reserve Champion at the inspection.

BWP stallions can produce KWPN Register A foals.
    Last edited by risingstarfarm; Dec. 25, 2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: to clarify that I'm talking about a son of Adorado, not Acorado.

herr bahlman, who bred acorado, said his best son was autobahn. semen is no longer sold from either unfortunately. i have a colt and filly both by autobahn and another on the way from my indoctro x calido mare. acodetto has had something of a resurgance. as di is not a son, but a paternal half brother.

acorado brings modernisation (more than refinement), rideability, scope and beautiful type. there can be topline concerns, and mares for him should not have acord ii also in the pedigree.

it is really good blood to work with.

I like Adorado. He is G-line on the dam side. This probably contributed to his strong back.

Dan

My friend has a stallion out of the same mareline as Acodetto (actually their dams are half sisters, out of the same dam) and enough can't be said about him. Lovely type, very modern but not light in bone, very sound, sane and always healthy. Not to mention he really has endless scope-- the other day he schooled 1.50m easily. Just thought I'd chime in

Isn't there an Acorado stallion, approved AHHA in W Va owned by Theresa Blatt? Can't recall his name, very attractive stallion.
    PennyG

Acclaim, sold to California.
    Sakura Hill Farm
    Now on Facebook

Young and developing horses for A-circuit jumper and hunter rings.

i have a really nice colt from acclaim from this year, from our noble champion mare. no decent pics, but he's a really impressive looking fellow. very manageable in disposition, tall and with lots of bone, and super gaits, when he can be encouraged to use them!

i started acclaim for terri and facilitated the sale to kc, who, i believe is taking things very slowly with him, which is great for his long term future. his mother was a 1.4m horse who did spruce etc and i believe her rider posts here sometimes.

acorado made some great sons!

I believe there is an Acorado II. His semen can still be purchased. I have not heard of his success. Acolord is out there also, Acorado/Lord/Ronald Stamm 104a. Full sister just had an approved stallion herself.

Tim
    Sparling Rock Holsteiners
    www.sparlingrock.com

if i'm not mistaken i think doreen was bred to acord ii what.... 14, 16 times? there are many full siblings to acorado. he was the only one that was his red-bay colour, and also the only one to become quite as special in breeding as he posthumously is.

I would only like to mention ABKE (Acorado I - Contender - Raphael). One of his weanlings out of a Lemon Park xx Hanoverian mare just won Grand Champion at the Canadian Royal Winter Fair! I wrote a news blurb about it on my Judy's News page. You also can see some of his foals on the "New Foals" page http://yancey-farms.com
    And each year, I see a handful of Abke's competing at HITS, both in hunter and the jumper rings. (He jumps a 4'9" fence like a hunter)
    He might be the type you are looking for. You can see video at http://www.sosath.com/cms/index.php?...at=10&idart=14

Default Abke

I second Abke. I have admired him for years and have just purchased two doses for my daughter's super fancy small junior hunter mare. We watched a mare by Acorado go in a George Morris clinic a few years back and were blown away by her!

Default Casals.

The name of the stallion out of the Acorado daughter is Casals. Casall/Acorado/Lord stamm 104a. Acorado mare is full sister to Acolord. Acolord stands at Mass Hell.

Tim
    Sparling Rock Holsteiners
    www.sparlingrock.com

We are very happy to have purchased with a friend the last two doses of Acodetto in the country. While we do not intend to use it this year (maybe next), we have heard nothing but good things about his few progeny in North America and are eagerly awaiting our friend's foal in 2011.

We have kept Abke on the back burner as a hunter sire choice in future. We are also eager to hear about the Acclaim foals. Much thought was put into producing him and we hope that it has been a successful endeavor for Terri and his current owners.

Acorado blood is something that we would be pleased to have in our herd.
    Sakura Hill Farm
    Now on Facebook

Young and developing horses for A-circuit jumper and hunter rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Hill Farm View Post
    you betcha!

i ended up only having three foals this year but all were acorado grandchildren!

stam 776..... can't beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonD View Post
    My friend has a stallion out of the same mareline as Acodetto (actually their dams are half sisters, out of the same dam) and enough can't be said about him. Lovely type, very modern but not light in bone, very sound, sane and always healthy. Not to mention he really has endless scope-- the other day he schooled 1.50m easily. Just thought I'd chime in
    Who is he? Is your friend breeding him? Who is he by? Thanks!

I have 3 from the breeder of Acorado and they are all out of HSP Acorado daughters.

Canturo / Acorado
    Classe / Acorado
    Carlos / Acorado

Acodetto is making top daughters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Hill Farm View Post
    We are very happy to have purchased with a friend the last two doses of Acodetto in the country. While we do not intend to use it this year (maybe next), we have heard nothing but good things about his few progeny in North America and are eagerly awaiting our friend's foal in 2011.

We have kept Abke on the back burner as a hunter sire choice in future. We are also eager to hear about the Acclaim foals. Much thought was put into producing him and we hope that it has been a successful endeavor for Terri and his current owners.

There will be more Acodetto semen on the way.

Good to hear about Acodetto semen.
    Do you know what/if any other Maas Hell stallions are also going to become available?
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

Default Acclaim and other Stall Hell stallions

In reply to Ponygirl, there are many Stall Hell stallions available buth through them directly and through agents here and in Europe. Calido I for example freezes pretty well and we have had good success. That is excellent old blood and throws a beautiful foal (see Calido I-Cassini II-Lavall colt) at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&l=fb18f6555b

There are also some Acclaims shown there. Too early to tell about his production but I am very excited about what he has put on the five mares I bred him to last year. Still rough in their coats (it is cold in Half Moon Bay) but the ones from Sonnengirl, Kyra, and Classic are all as good as anything they have thrown with other horses. Of course a mother would say that
    Kc Branscomb Kelley
    Branscomb Farm
    http://www.branscombfarm.com