The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default VERY Nice BIG Warmblood on Broker Lot-New videos and info posted!!!

Saw this guys and thought to post it here!

AC4H just listed a bay, very tall warmblood gelding who is quite the looker. Great head, neck and eye on this guy and hes got a great build overall. This is one of those cases that i think sadly relates to my warmblood i found at the auction. They want $800 for him, hoping someone can snatch him up here. He looks young and like a great little project. Looks like he needs his feet done but other than that he appears sound to me.

He is now on page 2 of the broker listings.
    Last edited by farmgirl88; Dec. 2, 2009 at 01:21 PM.

hes definitely a cutie! I wish they would give a little more info on the website though...

there will be more info posted as well as probably a video. they were just posted not long ago and they are still working on uploading more horses. If you have any questions about the horse PLEASE email AC4H. They viewed this horse, watched him go, and could tell you quite a bit about what they saw. From Ac4H's word, the broker's are currently "Cleaning house" and dumping horses on their property so any little bit could help for these horses. theres not much hope after a week of being listed.

I can't see this horse, has it been taken?

Oh he is a beauty......... if only I had the ability to take in another one......

No he has not been taken, his ad was just moved to page 2!!! VIDEOS HAVE ALSO BEEN TAKEN!

gah!! I wish I was in a position right now to buy because he looks like an upstanding citizen. Someone grab him quick!

My WB Cloudy is going to send some $ right now to save that TB that Christy is trying to save and to try to save this WB.

Thanks Cloudy! Thats fantastic! I really hope they both grab homes. Like i said; they very rarely have good feet in the pictures because they are obviously not very well looked after most of the time. Most need a good shoe job and their feet looked at and im sure they'll move a lto better.

it would surprise me if a horse came down with something as simple as an abcess and went lame because if it; causing folks to dump that at the auction thinking the horse is dead lame and not worth keeping it anymore. it wouldnt surprise me at this point.

Hoping someone can grab these guys. they look lovely and i can only imagine what theyd look like with some weight/muscle and a nice cleaning.

Really considering taking in the little bay pony at the top of page one. It may be a great way to educate my students about the dangers that lurk for un-wanted un-trained horses by watching this little guy come along and having an actual face that they know to put to the issue, as all the majority of them ever see is my well trained, spoiled and greatly loved lesson horse crew, and the shiny and polished horses at the shows we go to. It looks as though he has a great disposition and in time, training, and some boy related "modifications" may turn out to be great little guy. Thoughts? Kinda nervous about bringing one home that I have never seen, touched, and handled, as I have never done it before... but there is something about this little guy... If I don't snag him I hope somebody really great does.

YAY!!! i have been pushing to get someone to take that bay pony. hes a total ham isnt he??!!! I think he could be very nice with some muscle/TLC! Someone already offered to pay for him; he just needs a place to go! Hes been up there for 2 weeks so his time is running very short.

I think hes a very honest, quiet pony who is going to make someone a great little project. if you have any questions, please conact AC4H as soon as possible. they took his video and his photos and could tell you what they saw. For that price; if i had the time right now (im a full time college student and 9 horses at home), i would snag him in a heartbeat; i even have a stall open but i cant take another right now due to my lack of time.

I think hes going to be a very easy project. best of luck to you trinity; i really hope you grab him and what a great way to get the lesson kids involved!!!!

I also wanted to point out this TB at finger lakes in NY> The track closes on saturday and these horses have absolutely nowhere to go! He has been reduced to $500 but i bet you can get him for better than that. I really really like the look of this guy, really well built with a great head, neck and topline on him. he also has great feet and his legs look great!

He does have an old scar on his right hind from when he was a baby but the trainer said he has been sound on it. He's 4 years old and hes been fine on it this long. Im sure a career that is less demanding than racing would be a lot better for him anyways. He's adorable and i think hed make someone a really really nice project. if this horse does not have a home by sat. who knows what will happen!

http://fltrainerlist.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=1159

I also really liked this guy too. He's a stunningly well built horse with great look legs and solid looking feet. Even though it says he's a cribber, most racehorses devlop this habit from being cooped up in stalls all the time. once he's back in turnout all day im sure the habit will diminish with time. Hes really quite the looker. Asking $750

http://fltrainerlist.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=1160

Can someone post a link, I can't seem to find him. Thx!

farmgirl88--just to clarify, not ALL the horses at Finger Lakes are homeless if they aren't sold. Some will go to trainers' farms to winter over, others go to other tracks and will keep running until someone buys them. Some do get sold for shipment to PR, but not all the FL horses are in immediate danger for their lives. They're listed for sale because they aren't really earning their keep any more. It would be great if someone buys them (especially Take Me Flying--seriously, no one has snapped him up for a Children's hunter or a small adult yet? LOOK AT THAT FACE!) but not all are in instant danger.

Meanwhile the AC4H horses ARE in immediate danger. If I had a farm, I could see a couple of those coming to live with me...

Where are those horses located? Are they all in PA? That horse looks very cute but I can't watcht the video at work. Someone get him so I don't have to try and find a way to bring him here.
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com

All of the broker listing horses are in PA>

They can be found at www.ac4h.com
    then go to the broker listings on the left. the wamrblood is on pg 2 but he might've been moved to another page if they added more horses.

Don't worry about the WB's feet, they all require farrier work and supps. WBs are "very delicate" aka wussies, so you must pay farriers and do a lot of maintenance to get the jump and the floating trot. It is worth all the work, btw!

Someone save the WB and the ponies, and as many as can be saved. I don't know how Christy and all the others do what they do, they are great to try to save them all.

yes the majority of the horses seen on the broker listings (Frm what i have noticed) have been neglected in the shoeing/farrier work dept. heres hoping to find some homes for these guys this week!

Don't mean to rain on a tall, $800 jumping WBs parade, but I'm not sure about the comment about farrier work.

He looks to me like he toes in something fierce. Do you guys see that or am I wrong?

His front end over the fence looks nice enough.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat