The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Charitable Donation Money Available

Carmen Griscti who runs a tack shop in Ontario (Bakers) wants to give away $100 Cdn each to five registered charities that help horses in dire need and he is open to any suggestions.

If you know of a charity that could use the $100, please leave the name and contact info. on his Barnmice page. He will collect all names and draw five from a hat on Dec 24.
    His page is: http://www.barnmice.com/profile/carmengriscti

I know thw rescue that I got my horse from is always looking for donations but I do not know if they take Cdn coin...check NYHR.org
    Mai Tai aka Tyler RIP March 1994-December 2011
    Grief is the price we pay for love- Gretchen Jackson
    "And here she comes. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's ZENYATTA!"

Default After the Finish Line

Thanks for posting this. I am the President/Founder of After the Finish Line located in Toluca Lake, California. We are a National 501 (c) 3 funding non-profit that helps rescued Thoroughbred horses that can no longer race or breed transition into a career off the racetrack. Please visit our website at, www.afterthefinishline.org.

" The greatest victory for a Thoroughbred is not winning a race,
    but winning the race to live long past their days on the racetrack."

For nearly a decade I have been volunteering to help rescue organizations across the United States care for and save Thoroughbred racehorses and broodmares from slaughter. I quickly learned that funding was the common problem for all rescues. There is a need to raise funds to help them support their existing Thoroughbreds as well as provide funding to rescue additional horses.

I believe people want to help the Thoroughbreds yet they don't know how or who to donate to. The donations given to After the Finish Line enables us to award monthly emergency funds and yearly grants to qualified Thoroughbred rescue organizations across the United States. The funding can be used to save horses at auctions, pay for surgery or medical expenses, provide hay and feed, pay boarding expenses, or transport a Thoroughbred to safety.

Board members are not salaried. We are all volunteers. These beautiful animals deserve the opportunity to transition into second careers such as hunter/jumpers, dressage, trail, therapy or companion horses. More and more people are becoming aware of the cruel fate that awaits many of these Thoroughbreds. After the Finish Line will be a voice for Thoroughbred horses that are not supported when their racing careers are over.

Join our efforts to make a better life for the Thoroughbreds.

Sincerely,

Dawn Mellen, President
    After the Finish Line®
    10153 Riverside Drive, Suite 397
    Riverside, CA 91602
    dawn@afterthefinishline.org
    www.afterthefinishline.org