The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Ride An Arabian Guest

Exclamation Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society needs people to foster rescue horses, College Statio

I just received an email from a friend who works with Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society in College Station, Texas. They need help from the horse community. If you could foster a horse and help it get well please contact them. There website is: http://www.bluebonnetequine.org
    There are also some nice horses available for adoption. The adoption fees are very reasonable. Right now the BEHS cannot help anymore horses because they are full. They desparately need people to step up and volunteer to take on a foster horse. If you would like to make a difference in the life of an abused and neglected horse please contact them.

Ride An Arabian Guest

Default BEHS will reimburse feed and vet expenses

I forgot to include in my original post that the Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society will reimburse you for the foster horses feed and vet bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride An Arabian View Post
    I forgot to include in my original post that the Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society will reimburse you for the foster horses feed and vet bills.
    Thanks for posting - one correction, though: We don't reimburse for feed bills - I wish we could, but we have over 100 horses in the rescue at any given time, and not nearly enough $$ coming in. We do reimburse for pre-approved vet care, pre-approved supplements/medications, paste de-wormers, and $10 of each farrier visit. All other expenses associated with fostering are tax-deductible.

And while we're headquartered in College Station, we need foster homes throughout Texas and Arkansas. As well as volunteers to help with inspections, investigations, fundraising, etc. And we'll take members throughout the country - anyone willing to support the rescue. Anyone willing to help with administrative tasks that can be done via computer from anywhere.
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

Ride An Arabian Guest

Default Thanks for the clarification

I sure hope more people respond. I'm still trying to talk my husband in to fostering at least one horse. But he is being stubborn since we have so many already. I'm not giving up.