The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Sweet lower level gelding, 15.1h (SE Michigan)

I’m looking for a new home for my horse Koda—either free lease or giveaway. He’s a 15.1 hand bay gelding, about 12 years old but we don’t know for sure. Grade horse; probably Arab mix. I’ve had Koda for about three and a half years, and he’s a very good boy. Super easy keeper, stands for vet/farrier, trailers well, gets along well in groups. I’m looking for a new home for him because I’d like to move up, but he’s a very good horse for the lower levels. He’d be great for 4-H/Pony Club/equestrian team/trail riding/lower jumping/etc. I also think that he’d be a good therapeutic riding horse, if anyone is looking for that. I’ve led little kids around on him, and he was very careful with them. He’s extremely safe—no crazy antics. Not dead and boring, but even if you don’t ride him for a week he’ll act normal when you do get on him. Good personality; he’s really a sweet boy.

He lightly pulled a tendon and a ligament in his right front this past July (pasture incident—he was hardly lame and I noticed it right away). I gave him time off and rehabbed carefully and he hasn’t taken a lame step since. I’d be worried about potential re-injury if I were selling him as a potential upper level horse, but if he’s used as a lower level horse I’m confident that he will stay sound. Besides that injury, he has proven to be a healthy and sound horse. Current on everything.

I’m moving to South Carolina for a working student position on January 2nd 2010, so I’d ideally love to find him a new home before then (which is why he’s free). He will only go to an excellent home, though, and if he doesn’t find a home he will just stay with me and go to SC. Also, if he has to leave his new home anytime in the future he will always have a home with me.

Please post here or pm for more information or if you’d like to come try him out. Located near Ann Arbor, MI.