The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Eastern Shore VA -16 yr TB gelding 16.1 hh Sound, Sane needs home

FREE TO A GREAT HOME !!
    Plain Bay gelding. No issues... no bad habits(cept he doesnt tie) A regular great guy! I have owned "Guy" for 2 years and shown him agressively in 2'6" hunters reasonably successfully. He is a brave and forward ride, but tends to get up once you enter the show ring. He totally just hacks over fences on the buckle at home or in warm up. (I believe he did some Jumpers in the past) He is very sound. Right now he is barefoot, I usually keep him with just front shoes.While showing monthly, to get changes fully w/o skips he does need rear shoes and to have Adequan monthly. He is a choppy ride- not real smooth gated.
    He needs/likes a light rider... light seat and hands. He is fine with begginers (loves beginners!) as long as they are light.
    He is good on trails with other horses, but wont ride out alone. Trailers, clips... ect... no issues other than an occasional pull back. No bad pull backs - but i dont tie him. The vet and farrier love him. He is just easy to be/deal with.
    I'm looking for a new home for Guy... someone who will keep and use him. I 'upgraded' to a 3' horse and am no longer riding Guy. If your looking for someone like Guy - let me know.
    lsflournoy@hotmail.com I will email pix... just cant figure out how to post here yet.
    Last edited by DeerRun; Dec. 16, 2009 at 08:59 PM. Reason: WANTED FREE IN TITLE

Gorgeous!!!

I am in TX and not in the market for another horse, but if I was and he was closer I would call you - what a lovely looking horse!

Thanks. He really is a good Guy. Pretty, honest and kind.
    I know if he isnt used he wont stay as young and vibrant...
    Do hope someone is looking