The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Blue Hors Romanov, anyone?

Does anyone know what type of mare Romanov does best with, size of foals, what traits that he consistantly passes? Thanks, Peg
    Fleur de Lis Hanoverians

Default Hoping someone in hte know would elaborate

I am looking at this stallion as well. I acutally prefer Rubin Royal but Romanov "sounds" like he may be the better producer... as I was told Romanov throws a longer leg and better hind leg than Rubin Royal. Just hard to overlook the shoulder on Rubin!!

I'm curious to hear any insights also. It would seem that Romanov has a "nick" with Donnerhall mares. Many of his licensed stallion and award-winning mare offspring are from this match. Romanov is very tall though. I wonder if he's throwing this height consistently. I'm also curious if he's throwing his nice neck, strong loin, long legs, and "rounder" gaits. He seems highly trainable (doing Grand Prix at 8-9 years) but also pretty hot. Rubin seems hot and often tight too. I'm not complaining. I like sane but hot horses--just an observation.

Well, in a more recent thread, Kareen answered my unspoken question about Romanov.... Would he be good with my Fabuleux filly and I guess the answer is yes. It's difficult for me to choose a stallion for a maiden because of my own insecurities! My instincts pointed to Romanov and another R stallion, but the former was my first choice. Thanks, Kareen! Peg
    Fleur de Lis Hanoverians

Default Will you share?

I am trying to find where Kareem posted about Romanov... I too have him at the top of my list.

in the post of the lady with the new fabriano mare I think.
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    2015: Likoto- Florencio - Prince Thatch; Lissaro - Don Frederico - Prince Thatch; Edward - Sandro Hit - Rouletto

Donna Belcher's new SPS Fabriano mare out of Manfred Kregel's stem to be more precise you are right
    Yes I do love him. The yearling filly we have by him out of a Warkant-Hohenstein dam is looking very promising and we are expecting another on behalf of a client out of a Sandro Hit-Davignon-Werther dam that should make a really good match.
    You can see video of Romanov at this year's stallion show on our site linked below (the one where he is doing 40some singles in a row with Rudolf Zeilinger aboard. Quite the eye candy I really had a blast and the show was worth visiting for me.

http://www.germanhorseconnection.com.../details/02749

Yeah that was something !!!
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    2015: Likoto- Florencio - Prince Thatch; Lissaro - Don Frederico - Prince Thatch; Edward - Sandro Hit - Rouletto

I must say that Zeilinger rides Romanov masterfully. I wish he were competing him
    I have had one Romanov foal - and believe she is exceptional in her movement and temperament and beauty. She has gone to an excellent home, and I have high hopes for her.
    Here she is at "days old":
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/sunnydays/y...anter1week.jpg

I've decided to breed my maiden Bruderherz (Bolero)/ Akzent II mare to Romanov. Here's a thread you might be interested in -- a few different breeders weigh in on Romanov:
    http://uncouthbb.com/forum/viewtopic...er=asc&start=0
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut) and EM Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

My mare Diva (bought from our own Kareen ) had an exceptional Romanov filly. She is owned by a friend and I covet her in a very big way. I am anxiously waiting for a full sibling in March. The semen is excellent. Romanov added tremandously to the mare's movement. The temperament is wonderful. Legs are longer. See more of her here:

http://www.prosperityfarms.com/Rara_Avis_P.html

What kind of hooves is he passing on?

Hooves? As in feet, or pasterns, or....? Peg
    Fleur de Lis Hanoverians

Default Excellent thread!

Quote Originally Posted by hansiska View Post
    I've decided to breed my maiden Bruderherz (Bolero)/ Akzent II mare to Romanov. Here's a thread you might be interested in -- a few different breeders weigh in on Romanov:
    http://uncouthbb.com/forum/viewtopic...er=asc&start=0

Thank you for posting it.

You're welcome! I have to say that, as impressive as Romanov is, and considering everything he's got going for him, it was really Kathy (SunnyDays) and MaryLou's (Home Again Farm's) fillies that pushed me over the edge and convinced me to use this stallion. What amazing fillies!
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut) and EM Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

Yes, thank you Kendra for your posts. Your comment about Absatz tugged at my challenged brain and I remembered that Absatz is doubled in Fabuleux and Facette, my filly, also has Absatz in the damline, although not as recent. Mary Lou and Kathy, those are wonderful fillies and sure set the mark to attain. I remember seeing the photos last spring, but with so many stallions out there it is tough to stay focused! Peg
    Fleur de Lis Hanoverians

Peg, I mean hoof shape and pasterns too. Thanks

FWIW, Dr. Corey Miller of Equine Medical Center of Ocala had a gorgeous Romanov colt a few years ago. IIRC, he was a premium Oldenburg foal and may have also been named a stallion prospect. I believe he showed with some success as a foal in both DSHB and hunter breeding shows.

Default Re: Romanov from the DVH inspection

Description: Bay. Sock on right hind with spots on coronet band.

Grading Description: High set, extremely good type. Pretty head. Good connection between head and neck. Well-shaped, well-set and good length neck. Long sloped shoulder. Medium-length, marked withers. Supple topline. Well-shaped, muscular croup. Front legs: correct confirmation, dry, pigeon toed right front, narrow hooves. Hind legs: correct conformation, dry OC by hock, narrow hooves. Extremely good walk. Extremely good, lithe and rhythmic trot. Extremely good canter. Approved untill 2004 due to passed 30-day test in 2003. Voted best dressage stallion. Grades: 10-9-8-10-7-5-9-10-9-9

Material Description: Romanov passed his 30-day test with 8.7 in dressage and was fourth overall.

Other Remarks: Romanov was the Reserve Champion in Oldenburg in 2002, and is by the multiple champion Rohdiamant, who was Champion at the approvals in Oldenburg. Rohdiamant was Federal Champion twice and is meanwhile competing in Grand Prix with Lisa Wilox. His dam sire Grundstein II produced successfull international dressage horses and show jumpers of world class level. The rideability component is also assured in the third generation through Akzent II. The bloodlines of Rudilore has produced several stallions over the past years. Rubin Royal (full brother), Conterno Grande, Couleur Rubin, D-Day, Gio Granno, Markgraf, Poliac, Tantris and Weltgold. The foundation mare Rudilore II was an international three-day eventer.

Romanov is approved in: Danish Warmblood and Oldenburg.

Breeder: Germany

That's great info. He sounds like an incredible creature. What was the score of 5? Peg
    Fleur de Lis Hanoverians