The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Thumbs up Galatois now approved Oldenburg N/A

I am going to tag onto Rubs not Pats opening:

Today, Eckhardt Brysch and Helmut Schrant, representing ISR/Oldenburg N/A, made a special trip to Arizona on their way to the 70 day test, to look at two previously performance tested stallions. My new stallion Galatois, who is French and Cabalito. Both Stallions received their lifetime breeding license.

The French registry is no longer active here in the US so Galatois needed a new home, a new registry. I have been very happy with Oldenburg N/A for all the years I stood Alla'Czar so this was an easy choice for me.
    I will also commend Oldenburg N/A for the service provided to come and inspect these two very nice and proven stallions so quickly and get this approval status secured for 2010 breeding season. Thank you.
    All went well. Trainer Renae Coates rode both stallions and if I do say so they were both brillant.

Galatois is not a great name recognition stallion. He is 15 years old and has spent most of his life as a show horse competing with impressive success in the Hunter rings both with pro's and with his amateur rider owners. He has a great temperment, is very ammy friendly and the offspring he does have on the ground have done well in HB, hunter, eq, and jumper rings.
    Take a look. He is a nice stallion with a super pedigree, great movement and a fantastic jump.
    And now, thanks again to Oldenburg N/A, he has a life time breeding license so offspring are registy eligible.
    Camille Greer
    www.darkhorsefarm.com

Congrats Camille! Galatois was a god boy! I didn't get a chance to tell you, as I was having pre inspection anxiety but I liked the young Galatois colt that you had working when we arrived. He looks to make up to be a very nice hunter!
    Lisa Coletto
    Standing Elite Hanoverian stallion, Cabalito
    www.pecannuts@aol.com

Congratulations! Galatois is a lovely boy who I have always admired. Not only does he have a great sire line (Galoubet) but his dam is the excellent grand prix jumping mare The Empress. (I am showing my age as I do remember her!) I love the write up on him-I did not know his dam had an untimely end. So good that the genes of both these wonderful horses have been preserved.

(And Cabilito seems to have found a happy home where he can continue to produce those beautiful babies!) Congrats to all!

Congrats, Camille! Glad you've got another "man in your life!"
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Congrats Camille. He is a lovely stallion!

Default Galatois

Congrats, Camille! Thank you for allowing me to come to watch the inspection. Your boy looked great, and really strutted his stuff! Impressive, especially since he'd been out of work for quite awhile. Not that anyone can replace Alla Czar in our hearts, but your new fella looks to be a great new option for the hunter stallion market!

Very exciting - congrats!!
    "I'm not crazy...my mother had me tested"

My goodness! What a lovely stallion. I wish I still had a mare! Congratulations!

Talking Galatois

Congrats!! He's LOVELY! Sounds like a great guy to have around too!

[I'm slightly biased about his sire, I'll admit it--and I do have an all-red head stable]
    Siouxland Sporthorses: http://slsfarm.blogspot.com/

DIY Journey of Remodeling the Farmette: http://weownblackacre.blogspot.com/

Talking

Galatois is just lovely. It seems as though his temperament matches his looks. Congratulations on getting your gorgeous new boy approved!
    Beth

Congratulations DarkhorseFarm!! How wonderful to have Galatois in the ISR/OLDNA registry!! Now he can really bloom and have lots of offspring!
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Congratulations, Darkhorse!!! I love Galatois! I envied his previous owners when they had him and now I can envy you. I always enjoyed watching him go. He's a very nice boy!!! If I was to breed one of my girls, he'd be first on the list.
    Honey badger don't give a sh!t.

Talking

Glad he got a new home. We need that Galoubet blood in the US. Good luck with him.

Thanks everybody for your nice comments and words of encouragement. In this market I am wondering if I am crazy to buy a stallion!!

Quote Originally Posted by talloaks View Post
    Congratulations DarkhorseFarm!! How wonderful to have Galatois in the ISR/OLDNA registry!! Now he can really bloom and have lots of offspring!
    Thanks talloaks. I am hopeful that being in a new and more user friendly registry, no disrespect to the French Registry but I have not found them to be the easiest to work with: just MHO, so anyway I am hopeful that with this new approval and with the network and mare base that Oldenburg N/A has that Galatois will get some interest.
    Camille Greer
    Darkhorse Farm
    www.darkhorsefarm.com
    Home of Alla'Czar and now Galatois