The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Cabalito lifetime approved with ISR/Oldenburg today.

Today, Eckhardt Brysch and Helmut Schrant, representing ISR/Oldenburg, stopped in Arizona on their way to the 70 day test, to look at two previously performance tested stallions in Arizona Cabalito and Galatois. Both Stallions received their lifetime breeding license.

I am not too sure about how the scoring worked with the stallions, having only been on the mare and foal end before. Once I got home and had a chance to look up previous scores for stallions, I am positively thrilled with the scores that Cabalito earned. His highest marks were for type, frame and topline as well as breed/sex type. He got consistantly high scores for his gaits, athletic ability and balance. He did not jump as he is recovering from an injury and had previously passed his 11 month stallion test in Germany. Based on his scores he qualified for a star for his performance test.

All of this was great but the real high point was loading Cabi up, taking him to a new place, putting his tack on and putting him to work in an arena he'd never seen before and having him behave like a complete gentleman. We were all very proud of him. This would not have been possible without the hard work of his previous owners and trainers, Anne Hedge at White Hedge Farm and her trainers and the trainers at Marsh Pond Farm.

Last but not least, when we acquired Cabalito we discussed several different options for registration. He was already approved with Hanoverian and GOV. When I spoke with ISR/Oldenburg they were by far the most helpful when we had questions before getting him and then directing us to the right people and places. After that interaction, we elected to go with them, even though we would have significantly less fees staying with GOV. This decision was further validated when they managed to get their stallion inspectors, one from straight from Germany one from Chicago to come and inspect two stallions in Arizona, so that we could guarantee to mare owners that the stallions were fully approved. So often these days, what is lacking is putting the customer first. I just want to thank everyone at ISR/Oldenburg who had a hand in assisting to make today happen. Thank you!
    Lisa Coletto
    Standing Elite Hanoverian stallion, Cabalito
    www.pecannuts@aol.com

Congrats, Lisa! That is great news!
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Default Cab

Congrats, Lisa! Thank you to Darkhorse Farm for allowing me to come watch the inspection today. The boys were fantastic- 2 great new options in AZ! Cabalito has always been one of my favorites, since I went to see him at Whitehedge Farm many years ago. Anne became a friend, and I've got 3 Cabby babies now under saddle in my barn. They have fabulous ammy brains, and are great movers and jumpers. I'll definitely breed to him again, especially now that he's in my backyard! Anne will be thrilled to hear how good he looks- his charisma, movement, and presence are as impressive now as they were when I first met him. This is a first-class stallion!

Congrats!
    "I'm not crazy...my mother had me tested"

Congratulations! I know Cabalito from his time with Anne here in Texas. He is a wonderful stallion and quite the gentleman. The babies that I have seen have had great minds, are lovely movers and athletic!

Thank you all and especially Rachel for coming out to see the boys. I appreciate the feedback!
    Lisa Coletto
    www.pecannuts@aol.com

Congrats! I am looking forward to seeing more Cabalito babies hit the show ring.

Wonderful news! Congratulations.

Congrats Lisa on his new approval! I am so very proud of him and all his accomplishments, but most of all I treasure the time that I got to spend with him and be a part of his everyday life and career. A best friend of a horse if I ever had one!

I am very happy to hear that he is settling in well, and is in a home where he is truly appreciated and loved. He is a well kept secret in the hunter breeding world I have raised, started and sold 8 foal crops of his and they are the easiest and most predictable horses I have ever worked with. All their new owners just rave about them, and it will be exciting to get more on the ground in the next few years! My only regret is not keeping a few more of them around to play with myself- but I have 2 coming next year out of very nice mares to look forward to- plus one coming 3 yr old colt of his that so far has not been gelded yet and looks to be pretty special!

I still have lots of offspring pictures on my website if anyone wants to look at more of them, plus I would be happy to talk to anyone that wants help in deciding if their mare is a good match for him!

Congrats!!! He is a really nice stallion, I am happy to see that he is back on the scene!!

Anne,
    Thank you for your kind words and help, it has been very appreciated! It is obvious that someone really cared for Cabi, he knows his place (as any stallion should), yet is still very affectionate. He has an amazing ability to compartmentalize. When it's work, it is all work. I know the amount of time and effort that had to be put into him to make him this way and it's staggering! And this doesn't even speak to his riding/jumping training! Cabi is an amazing horse and I feel much the same way you do about him, that we are lucky that he is gracing us with his presence. He is a very special boy. I will make sure he gets a carrot from you! Thank you for your help and support.
    Lisa Coletto
    www.pecannuts@aol.com