The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Vacation suggestions?

We are going to be in the Prescott AZ area in early April and my husband and I would like to spend 3 or 4 days at a ranch where we can ride. We are both young retirees and enjoy almost anything. Any suggestions?

Many thanks. Really looking forward to going.

do a search on the city of Prescott and also check the Chamber of Commerce as it might have info.

I did a week long ride in Arizona back in '94, but the outfit was out of Cave Creek. We did travel to Prescott and rode one day in a neat forest, but I don't recall the name. There was a stable the horses overnighted in, but again I don't know the name. Riding in Arizona is very senic and different from just about anywhere else in the states.

I lived in Tuscon for a year back in the 60's (my dad was in the Air Force) but I hadn't been back since then.

We also rode in Sedona one day and that has to rank as one of the top ten most beautiful rides I've ever done and I have ridden all over the world.

Best of luck