The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default EquiFit T-Boot liners shrinking?

Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems as though the liners for my T-boots have shrunk after washing... anyone else ever experience this?

(They were washed according to the directions)
    Founder, Higher Standards Leather Care Addicts Anonymous
    Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

I have to very carefully put the liners back in or else they are too small. Seems better in warmer temps, the liners get rock hard in the cold and seem to shrink up a bit.

Hopefully someone else will have something more useful

As a representative for EquiFit, inc. I wanted to address the post regarding the EquiFit T-Boot Liners Shrinking.

The T-Foamâ„¢liners can be machine washed and dried. To get the best fit when putting the liners back in the T-Boots make sure that you stretch the liner from corner to corner, and then from side to side. This will enable you to put the liner into the boot, allowing for adequate coverage for the shell of the T-Boot.

The T-Foam is a temperature sensitive material, which is one of the reasons T-Foam is so special and unique. T-Foam reacts to body heat and pressure. T-Foam flows and molds to fit the exact anatomy of any horse's legs, creating a custom fit boot, every time it's worn.

T-Foam will take on the consistency of firm "Honey" when it becomes cold or frozen, but instantly warms with contact from body heat and becomes much more fluid Hold the T-Foam in your hands or close to your body before applying, which will allow the material to warm up.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any additional information.

Thank you,
    Melissa Hill
    EquiFit, inc.