The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default leather halter

i just ordered and received (for my birthday, but bought it for my horsey of course!) a leather halter (along with many other things for him) on chicksaddlery.com. i wasnt sure how it was going to turn out but i absolutely love it!! AND the best part is it was only 20 bucks over black friday weekend because of the 20 percent off. I am shocked at the great quality of it. I have an expensive one as well for shows (over 100 dollars) and i think this one is just as nice. Also they engrave it for free which is even better, for 20 bucks? scoreeeeeeeee! haha. just thought id share about the great deal.

I love my Quillin's halter. I got it with some "extras" (double buckle, triple stitched nose and nameplate) and it was only $60.45.
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Perri's Halters
    "ronnie was the gifted one, victor was the brilliant intellect, and i [GM], well, i am the plodder."

Quote Originally Posted by tallygirl View Post
    a leather halter (along with many other things for him) on chicksaddlery.com. i wasnt sure how it was going to turn out but i absolutely love it!!
    Thank you for the info. I have been considering those halters for my every day halters, and I was wondering what they were like. I just bought two at a local tack shop for $25 each, which I was really pleased with. The employees were putting up the next shipment, which had changed slightly, and the price had gone up to $40 so I snapped up the "old" ones. I have bought a few things from chicks and have been very pleased with the price. My best buy there there was a beautiful, medium weight wool cooler for some ridiculously low price that I don't remember. They are definitely worth checking out.
    Last edited by ToiRider; Dec. 9, 2009 at 11:38 AM.

YES I too got the Quillin's Halter and Lead.. LOVE them.
    "YOU create your own stage. The audience is waiting."

LOVE LOVE LOVE my Quillins Halter. I want to get another one but I'm up in Canada which involves having them ship to a us address so I can have it sent USPS instead of ups... I wish they would make USPS an option!
    Love Story Equestrian - Orangeville,ON,Canada
    Quality,Relaxed, and Affordable Boarding

mine has the buckle as well and is triple stitched AND free engraving.... for 20 bucks!!! i couldnt believe it. when i got it yesterday the leather was already so nice and flexible. My expensive one not sure what brand it is was so stiff when i got it. still kind of is but ive only had it for a few months. I LOVE the ones from chicksaddlery. so if anyone is interested in a new leather halter, order from them! i think i am going to order 2 more for my other guy. one for shows and one for normal use. They are 26.99 right now, which still is not bad at all.