The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Liniment

How often do you rub your horses legs down? What product do you use the most? Green cool? Alco gel? Absorbine?

After a horse trials or x-c school, and I use SoreNoMore (the gelotion version) - I like it because you can wrap over it.

At the lesson barn where I ride, they use a 50/50 mix of liniment to spray on legs after jumping or more intense workouts.

I spray Sam's legs with some Sore-no-more in a water mix after a harder workout or trail ride or jumping too... especially in summer, when I figure it probably feels more refreshing.

I rub my thbds legs after almost every ride. He loves it. I use either this: http://www.stablesolutionsltd.com/

or rubbing alcohol and witch hazel.

If he has had to deal with bad footing or jumped/galloped a lot I will wrap over both as well.

Not sure if it helps but it sure doesn't hurt.
    "look deep into his pedigree. Look for the name of a one-of-a-kind horse who lends to his kin a fierce tenacity, a will of iron, a look of eagles. Look & know that Slew is still very much with us."

i use liniment after a harder than normal work or if working on harder ground.

when i use liniment i rub the legs for a few minutes each. that sucks the juice out of the legs better than the actual liniment does by itself.

and i use Sore-No-More, Thermaflex, or rubbing alcohol. I have used all the others as well though (bigeloil, absorbine, ect.)
    "Let the fence be the bit." - Phillip Dutton

Is there anything wrong with rubbing a horse down everyday after every ride? I do, but people have told me it's not good.