The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default USET cross-entry rules question

I was recently approached about someone using my horse for the USET next year. I have been trying to open my pdf rulebook in order to read up on the cross-entry restrictions (since I would also be showing my horse next year - ideally in the A/O jumper lows), but it keeps saying my pdf is corrupted. It might be my machine, since I just tried downloading the rulebook from the USEF site and still can't open it.

Anyways, someone told me there may be a restriction that prevents the horse from competing in the Grand Prix field at a show where the same horse is entered in the USET. Is that true? Are there any cross-entry restrictions that would specifically prevent the horse from doing the MOJAM or A/O lows?

TIA

correy Guest

Are you in CA? If i remember correctly, the RIDER is not allowed to show anything else on the GP field at USET finals. Also the horses are not allowed to be ridden by anyone but another young rider (21 and under). So to answer your question, I would say if someone leased your horse for USET finals then no, you wouldn't be able to show him. However those rules don't apply for the USET classes at another show, just the finals.

I am in Oregon. They would be qualifying up here (with my horse) and then taking my horse to L.A. It sounds like a big commitment to me but has not been presented to me as such. They want to share my horse with me, at the same shows, while qualifying.

interesting as I was wondering how a daughter of a BNT who was champion ect. at indoors and who's horse's were also Champion in the Jr Hunters. How does this work, when I inquired about a student in the barn riding one of my horse's in the Jr's with me being related to the trainer I was told by USEF that as long as I was not receiving any money for the Jr riding my horse I was fine. But in this case the Dad is the BNT and the daughter is showing in the A/O's a Jr showed in the Jr's, and quite successfully as both horse that were A/O and Jr. champs are now for sale. Are we to assume that the BNT gave a FREE lease to the Jr rider to show and train and ship these horse's from FL to PA, MD ETC. If that's the case CUDO's to that trainer, and I want to have my kid ride "for free with him".

In my case there is no money involved and it is not a lease. I am just wondering if I will be ineligible for any classes as an AO due to the fact that my horse is being used at the same show for the USET.

No, you are fine.

You are fine until the finals at LAEC.
    Justice will only be achieved when those who are not injured by crime feel as indignant as those who are. - King Soloman (970-928 B.C.)