The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Shameless brag on my hubby!

First, let me say that my husband is not a "horsey hubby", though he likes them and would like to have his own some day. He accepts this (sometimes reluctantly!) as my hobby, and outlet for my mental sanity.

I have been sick on & off for close to a month now, with the sinus crud. It came back again last week, and I've been unable to get out to the barn to do my weekly chores. My mom is gracious enough to feed Faith for me every day, which she won't admit, but she enjoys, LOL. However, she's not able to lift and move hay bales or open the sticky latches on stall doors, due to bad shoulders, one which has had two surgeries. Faith is on 24/7 turnout, with access to a nice bedded stall at all times. Mom gives her soft peppermints and two shelled pecans every night in her feed bucket, along with extra hay so she'll stay in out of the cold. Spoiled huh?

Since I hadn't been able to go out and move hay bales into the feed room this week, my husband offered to do it yesterday for me. He was going out to check the deer stands and take down a camera, so he figured he'd save me from having to get out in the cold and do it. I gave him directions on what to do, and he called me when he got out there.

He was cracking up laughing~ Faith was checking his pockets, trying to eat the phone, bumping his back with her head, anything to get a treat! I've been telling him how sweet and friendly she is, and apparently he had a good time doing my chores. He even cleaned her stall and dumped the wheelbarrow! (she never poops in there, just pees)

When he got back, he told me she followed him to the gate and looked so pitiful when he left that he felt bad for leaving her. I asked him if he gave her any treats, and he said she got more than her fair share of peppermints.

Just wanted to say how proud I am of my hubby for being my barn rat for a day~ he did a great job and made a new friend! LOL!
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

aww Glad he made friends with her. Maybe he will be out at the barn more with ya now.

P.