The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Needed Blanket/Sheet for Rescue Mare, FL

Hello all!
    I picked up an emaciated mare that I adopted last Sunday. I had some sheets that I borrowed from a friend of mine but they were WAAAAY to big for the poor girl. Since I can't have her wear something 4 sizes too big without any meat on her bones to hold it up, poor Heidi is without anything right now. I have to buy a lot of extra supplies to help her weight gain, and I can't find anything else reasonably priced, etc at the moment.

We don't need anything fancy, I can fix small tears/rips. I was wondering if anyone had a 76" sheet or blanket that they don't need anymore lying around? I can pay shipping, etc. She is a 16.2 hand mare...but because of her condition she can't "hold up" a blanket that is too large for her without the risk of getting stuck, etc.

If anyone has anything please let me know, Heidi and I would greatly appreciate anything we could find!

Thank you so much!

Christina & Heidi

Try this link http://forums.prospero.com/alexbrown . I just rescued two tb 11/28. Them haves forums like a winter blanket drive and a blanket exchang going on now. They may be able to help with a sheet and a blanket for her. Hope this will work so she can have a sheet and blanket for the winter.

Yes, yes, try the Alex Brown forum! Be sure to check out both the Blanket Drive and the Blanket Exchange threads, and post what you are looking for on the Blanket Exchange as well.

Where are you located? I may have some large blankets and sheets (for horses) as mine are all ponies. Email me at: sugarpony@aol.com I am in Floral City
    Sandy
    www.sugarbrook.com
    hunter/jumper ponies

I am in Cocoa, FL and have at least a stable blanket or two and possibly a turn out I could contribute. Where are you located?
    Read about my riding adventures at:
    Spotted T Riding Blog

I am in Holiday, FL...which is near Tarpon Springs in Pinellas County. I am more that willing to drive to meet somewhere! Thank you for all the responses so far, hope we can figure something out

*Friendly BUMP* I still have not been able to get anything for her! Does anyone have anything they can sacrifice or take a small donation for??

You may also e-mail me privately @ hyper0505@aol.com