The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 113 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Wooot woooot.....Somewhere is goin home!!!! Where is the dancing icon when you need it?? ISHI - I am SO happy for you (and a tiny bit jealous - but only so slightly ). She is lovely! And I can't wait for updates

I didn't mean "he". She's definitely all fffffilly!

I was all worried that I wouldn't get to sleep tonight because she was coming tomorrow. So, now at least I can sleep tonight, but tomorrow night might be tough!

I am so honored to be her new home, and I think she'll fit right in here. At least she'll be bigger then the Pony, and probably my baby girl Moc. Right now I'm trying really hard to contain myself, I'm so excited The more I hear about her, the more I can't wait to meet her.

I am also really excited Stellaspeed, who is getting a few herself, and I hope I get to meet them, even if it's brief when Somewhere gets dropped off!

Virginia is going to have quite a few of Finger Lakes Finest coming to stay!!!

Foundation, thank you so much for taking care of her for me tomorrow, I really appreciate it! No worries, I'm sure there will be tons of updates, lots and lots of pictures too of my new fancy filly.
    WestWind Farms
    Love means attention, which means looking after the things we love. We call this stable management.
    - George H. Morris

Soo happy for everyone! Wish i was bringing home my own but that won't be happening for the next couple years most likely.

Can't wait to hear all of the updates over the years to come!

P.

Default Bumping up

I want to hear all about the experiences of the new owners with their new horses. I know a lot are in transit right now but I don't want any of you to forget about this very SPECIAL thread.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Apparently (because of the deadly road conditions I haven't gotten down to the barn in a few days) Lucky is not too sure about this snow thing! According to his trainer he raced in Florida this winter, and he was bred down there and raced there often enough three of his four wins were at Calder and Gulfstream, which makes me wonder if he's always wintered in Florida and hasn't really had to deal with this deep snow and ice thing. He does have a paddock to himself, so hopefully he will get over it and learn to like the snow. And tomorrow I'm going to head down after work and find out how he feels about homemade horse treats, too!

The countdown begins for us.....leaving in just a few hours to start the drive down to the track. I'm kinda missing my after work glass of vino, as I have to drive. Excited to see our filly, and of course, excited to meet Margie!!

I may not be able to post tomorrow that we arrived safely, won't have time to go online, busy day. So don't worry about us, we'll be ok

Oh, Dancer, my gal was down in Florida too, not sure how she'll like our winter here. I'll make sure she stays nice and warm ;o)

Jolly got her (and my!) christmas present early this year! A gorgeous new halter thanks to smartpak and my husband with a nameplate She looks stunning in it!

Margie is awesome. Anytime I think of her, I think about all of us digging out my B/O's truck and trailer (which she had out for me because I got my truck/trailer stuck when I was parking in weeks earlier) out of her barn's front yard on perhaps the coldest day of the whole year (and im not even kidding!!)

Default Hooray!

Just loaded With Spirit as the 4th horse on the load to Virginia for Stellaspeed and ISHI. I am so happy, can't wipe the grin off my face! Every single one of them loaded without a second thought, walked right on. The shipper, Ray, and his wife, are professionals and work well with the horses. This has been a stressful but ultimately fulfilling and thrilling day. I watched that rig pull out from the farm at 11 p.m. with all settled aboard and can only imagine the joy at the other end of this trip.

Default Take Me Flying is safely home in FL

First of all, the pictures didn't do him justice - he is BEYOND lovely. I picked him up today at 1PM: he got a few love munches from the other horses on his ride down from NY and was a bit stocked up in that blemished hind (nothing to concern me - started going down once he had a chance to walk around).

His owner/trainer/shipper was just super. I couldn't hide my delight at finally meeting TMF in the flesh after waiting all week and not sleeping Thurs night (who sleeps on Xmas Eve anyway??? mine came early this year); he was so delighted that TMF would go to a good home that he hugged me... twice! (remember, we've talked 4 times on the phone and had met for all of ~20 minutes).

Smooth ride down to my barn 1.5 hrs away - he trucks like an old pro. He was very curious and alert and noticing everything (had the look of "hmmmm... this isn't the track; but, HEY! look at all the grass!).

Inquisitive but polite, he wanted to see *everything* so I just walked where he led and after about 4-5 min he dropped his head and started munching. He didn't scream although he could see all the other horses. Turned him out and he did the typical "turnout dance of the 7 veils" complete with bucking, leaping, galloping, tight turns, sliding stops, amazing rollbacks and floaty trots (he's going to have one heck of a handle!). No snorting (very dignified for a little shrimp) No barn name yet: must get to know him better so the right name presents itself.

Tomorrow will be "brush & fuss" day, plus showing him all of the property, the jumps & cavaletti and then, introducing him to his pasture partner, Ransomed (my charity/rescue TB). I will try to get pictures (its just more fun to enjoy the show without having to look at it through the viewfinder...)

Sunday I'll drag out tack to fit him with, but he'll actually get a whole week off to just chill with Ram until I get on him next Thurs.

FF

Great news FF! I can see it! This has been an amazing year for the Finger Lakes Finests and it has been largely positive. We have a quality base of TBs that come up for sale throughout the year.

Please keep checking for more incredible deals.

Late to chime in, but at the end of April, I got Final Resolution. He came to me via MapleShade, but is a NY bred, Finger Lakes boy and really lovely. He got clipped yesterday and heads to Florida next week, where he will spend 3 months (and I will go down when I can). He is a pleasure to work with, despite being young for his age (May 28 bday, 2005 model).

http://www.pedigreequery.com/final+resolution
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Finn FHI 1.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	27428  
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Quote Originally Posted by Friskyflea View Post
    His owner/trainer/shipper was just super. I couldn't hide my delight at finally meeting TMF in the flesh after waiting all week and not sleeping Thurs night (who sleeps on Xmas Eve anyway??? mine came early this year); he was so delighted that TMF would go to a good home that he hugged me... twice! (remember, we've talked 4 times on the phone and had met for all of ~20 minutes).
    I love that! THIS is the type of Finger Lakes owner and trainer we volunteers love to know. Super, super story!

I'm so glad you like your new Finest! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by scubed View Post
    Late to chime in, but at the end of April, I got Final Resolution. He came to me via MapleShade, but is a NY bred, Finger Lakes boy and really lovely. He got clipped yesterday and heads to Florida next week, where he will spend 3 months (and I will go down when I can). He is a pleasure to work with, despite being young for his age (May 28 bday, 2005 model).

Hooray! You have Finn (that was what we were calling him up here!). What a classy horse he is. He didn't care for the snow and cold so he'll LOVE Florida!

Quote Originally Posted by Friskyflea View Post

FF
    That trainer is just a swell guy. He's got the nicest smile, and he always takes such good care of his horses. He's always willing to help out people, who are getting horses and are on his route South, with a safe ride, and a great price.

I'm so happy that you have TMF. I only saw him that one time, but he just struck me as the nicest little guy.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

I follow your blog! We all grew to love Finn, in the time he was up here. He's a super guy, and we all think that he will eventually do wonderful things. I'm so happy you posted here!
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

I totally remember Final Resolution going to MapleShade last year! Looks like he is loving his new job! Congrats to you guys!!
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Love this thread! Does my heart good to hear about the many wonderful situations these horses have found! I couldn't be happier!

Please do continue to post your updates as they will increase the interest in Finger Lakes' Finests for those who may be unfamiliar with the bounty we provide. Suffice it to say that there are incredible bargains here, all year long. The lucky recipient of Stately Pegasus will probably be posting that he's reached superstar status in short order.

And, yes, there are many Finger Lakes horses who have transitioned to greatness. The updates from new moms and dads warms my heart. Want to hear about all of them!

Default With Spirit Devilshire and Rockalady Home in New Kent

Here are some pics of Spirit, Devils and Lady's tomorrow, better update on other thread !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spirit Admirers.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	27435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hey big boy.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	27436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spirit arrival.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	27437  
    Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength

FINALLY got to the barn today--weirdly they have less snow than I do, and I'm only thirty miles northwest. I'm not THAT much closer to Lake Michigan. Lucky was in the barn when I got there, along with everyone else, and even though he had his head buried in the hay when I got there, he came right out. I put him completely in the crossties today, and he was a perfect gentleman (though he did half-kick half-toss the barn kitten when she started poking at his back legs--that kitten has no sense of self-preservation AT ALL.) We went for a short walk outside-he continues to be quite well-behaved, even being the only horse outside.

And he does like the homemade horse treats.