The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 104 of 113 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2256

I'm so sorry Flash.

So sorry Flash! Heartbreaking.

Flash, I'm so sorry to hear this. I was really hoping she would eventually go sound for you. I wish I could help but my boy has a companion now and they get on well.

Good luck finding a home for her.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Thanks guys. It IS heartbreaking. Doubly so because she is just so sweet and lovely.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

I am sorry to hear this. I sent a PM with a possible contact.

Christa

Thank you Christa! I appreciate it.

River's first show!!!!

Yesterday night, we trailered over to the barn... He schooled the crossrail jumper course quite well. He was a little confused by the flowers underneath the jumps, but got over it, lol. There were two jumps I was nervous about, so I asked someone else to get on him and do it for me. She did the whole course on him twice and he was SO good. He stopped at the scary fences, but then went over him. The rider commented on how cute and good he is. I got back on and did the whole course and he was very good.

This morning we did two dressage tests, intro A and B. They were... um. First test, he was very distracted and did a lovely impersonation of a giraffe. Second test, he was MUCH better--actually listening and giving to the bit, although our circle to the right was more of a lopsided diamond and our free walk was more of a drunken meander. But still, it was a huge improvement... and scored 2% LOWER than the first test. 49% and 47%. The judge was VERY harsh, especially for a little schooling show. I've decided that our second test deserved a 60%.

First jumping course was the jumping part of a combined test (intro A was the dressage for the CT). He apparently forgot that he jumped everything last night, so he had quite a few refusals. But since there were six entries and six ribbons and I was in last place anyway, I just got lots of jumping faults and a pity ribbon .

Second jumping course he didn't stop, but did knock one over.

Third and last jumping course, he went clear, YAY!!!!, but had a refusal in the jump off.. we had to jump one of the scary fences from the other direction! *gasp*

So we didn't get great scored, but I am SO happy with him. He didn't spook or have any tantrums, he was very good about standing around outside the ring with other horses, and he was very agreeable about jumping (once he figured out the jumps wouldn't eat him).

No pictures right now, but hopefully the photographer gets them to me soon!
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

2 members found this post helpful.

Congrats with River. With more mileage I am sure he will be jumping the strange jumps confidently soon.

I don't have an indoor, really don't even have an arena, just a flat area in a paddock. That combined with the cold and snow means Baylee essensially had the winter off. Well today was nice and we decided to ride. Baylee was great, it was like she never missed a day. We ended up with an ~45 minute ride through the snow and if there hadn't been a line at the drive-through at Tim Hortons we probably would have tried that as well .

Christa

Looking forward to trail riding season

1 members found this post helpful.

I love the updates! I always wonder though, why this mare is still around:

http://fingerlakestracklist.proboard...lay&thread=718

I almost went up to see her a year+ ago. If I had the room, she'd have a home.
    "And my good dreams? They all come with a velvet muzzle and four legs. All my good dreams are about horses."--In Colt Blood

COTH Barn Rats Clique!

Default X post FLF 2011 Alumna

I can't remember her name but she is looking for a new home

2011 FLF list alumna

FF

PS - Congrats Amastrike on your first successful outing with River. Coming back home *without* a cast is always a big plus

It's Broadway'sstardust
    My OTTB and Finger Lakes Finest, Sunny Boy 'n Ben E and the old man, Salvator.

Check out Second Chance Thoroughbreds and like us on Facebook!

The alumuna FF refers to is Broadwaysstardust, she has her own thread which we posted on yesterday. http://fingerlakestracklist.proboard...lay&thread=414

IIRC, vineyridge quite liked her, which in my book is a good stamp of approval to have.

Amastrike, congrats on the show!! Where was it?

Viney is quite impressed with Broadway'sstardust"s pedigree. It would be fantastic if someone could move this mare into tall cotton for a sporthorse broodmare.

As for Florida Quaker, I am assuming she is still available. There will be someone looking at her within the next week. I join my fellow volunteers with Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds and many of you who are shocked that she hasn't been snapped up. She is such a lovely girl.

You guys look great and I love the color coordination!

FG - So sorry to hear about your mare. Its doubly hard when they have such wonderful attitudes.

I am glad to hear River acquitted himself well in public.

Fingers crossed for Florida Quaker - I will be glad when she is off the list, I look at her way too often.

Ries got his SI injected and we will see how that helps. He is going to get his hocks done in a few weeks as well. We hauled to meet Dr. Miller out of Ohio and it was worth the trip. We are seeing how the SI injection helps and then doing the hocks later to see which is the greater contributor. He was sound but a bit resistant still (in his very submissive way)the last month or so. Since injections last week, his back being more comfortable translates to my lower back being much more comfortable in canter. The vet did not feel anything was structurally wrong, just some wear and tear.

Good luck to everyone with whatever they have coming up.
    Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds
    fingerlakesfinesttbs.com

Default FL Finest featured at Equifest!

Very exciting news -- a Finger Lakes Finest will be the featured Thoroughbred in the parade of breeds, as well as one of the horses in the dressage demonstration, at the WNY Horse Council Equifest this Sunday March 17, at the Hamburg NY fairgrounds. The exemplar of Finests and TBs is my very own lovely mare Darkness Falls -- "Tilly" -- FLF Class of 2011.
    Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbreds will have a booth at Equifest, and we certainly hope that Tilly will help generate lots of interest in getting a horse from teh Finger Lakes track.
    Please come to Equifest, come cheer on Tilly, OTTBs, and FL Finests! The parade of Breeds is at Noon, and the dressage demonstration is at 1:30 on Sunday March 17.
    For more information on Equifest and the schedule, see: http://www.wnyequifest.com
    The Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing Service
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    Find us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc

Quote Originally Posted by amastrike View Post
    You guys look great! Congrats!

Bailey's been having a light winter, mostly just hacking 2-4 times a week. March 1st we started back into regular work. Our goal is to try Into level eventing this year! I can't wait.

Here's some video of him on his first day back into "real" work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiyR8cgpt08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJj5XXmNT64
    <3 Vinnie <3
    1992-2010
    Jackie's Punt ("Bailey") My Finger Lakes Finest Thoroughbred

I too will be very happy when FQ has a home. There's something about her that continues to draw me in!
    "And my good dreams? They all come with a velvet muzzle and four legs. All my good dreams are about horses."--In Colt Blood

COTH Barn Rats Clique!