The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2256

I can't remember if I posted here or on my blog or on both a while ago about River jumping.. either way, I've free jumped him a little and had a friend jump him. He was always such a slob over fences--he'd hang his knees or not actually *jump*. I wasn't sure if his poor performance over low jumps suggested he was talented because he didn't feel the need to put in much effort over little things, or if it meant he really is a terrible jumper.

Well, I free jumped him tonight, and I think we have an answer.

Picture

Picture again

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Video 4
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

1 members found this post helpful.

Amastrike- I would have to agree. There are a TON of characters coming out of Fingerlakes. Having little experience with OTTBs, I am beginning to wonder if this is characteristic of the breed or if something is in the water up there

I just bought Street Cruise. He is spending Dec at a farm in MD, then I get to bring him home New Years. Pics soon!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Beam Me Up View Post
    I just bought Street Cruise. He is spending Dec at a farm in MD, then I get to bring him home New Years. Pics soon!
    I'm so proud of you for buying Street Cruise!!! He's a good creature and will be a sport horse extra-ordinaire!!! I wondered and hoped someone would have the guts to buy him when I met him. (He was a wild thing on that particular day)

Quote Originally Posted by amastrike View Post
    I can't remember if I posted here or on my blog or on both a while ago about River jumping.. either way, I've free jumped him a little and had a friend jump him. He was always such a slob over fences--he'd hang his knees or not actually *jump*. I wasn't sure if his poor performance over low jumps suggested he was talented because he didn't feel the need to put in much effort over little things, or if it meant he really is a terrible jumper.

He figured it out, didn't he? He's absolutely phenomenal!!

Forgotten Cat began jumping by just crashing through everything and then one day he jumped like a big horse and he loved it! So did I.

Quote Originally Posted by SEPowell View Post
    I'm so proud of you for buying Street Cruise!!! He's a good creature and will be a sport horse extra-ordinaire!!! I wondered and hoped someone would have the guts to buy him when I met him. (He was a wild thing on that particular day)
    Well, eventers are nuts! :-)
    He was up when I first saw him, and the vet said he was really up (I wasn't at the vetting), but yesterday he was calm arriving at the farm. Put him in the free school for a while, he just hung out and looked for food, so I took him out and hand grazed him, very polite all afternoon. I guess time will tell but early signs are that he likes farm life.
    He reminds me so much of my event horse (in profile pic) who is awesome but was also, err, energetic coming off the track, so I have high hopes.

Beam Me Up- Congrats on your new acquisition! Street Cruise is very handsome and I bet he will make a splendid eventer Whenever I think of Fappiano, I always think of Courageous Comet. Good call on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by amastrike View Post

Picture

Picture again

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Video 4

I like him a lot. Flowing and athletic. What a good find. Add bonus points because he looks like he thinks he's a badass.

Thank you all! I'm really excited! Just curious, what was Courageous Comet's JC name? Thanks!

Well, eventers are nuts! :-)
    He was up when I first saw him, and the vet said he was really up (I wasn't at the vetting), but yesterday he was calm arriving at the farm. Put him in the free school for a while, he just hung out and looked for food, so I took him out and hand grazed him, very polite all afternoon. I guess time will tell but early signs are that he likes farm life.
    He reminds me so much of my event horse (in profile pic) who is awesome but was also, err, energetic coming off the track, so I have high hopes.
    I just bought Raytessa and I could write exactly the same thing about him. He's a totally different creature here, still fun, but not a wild whirling hurricane.

I bet Street Cruise is going to be one scopey event horse.

Here is Long Chase in his new career as a member of the DE State Police Mounted Unit (he is on the right, the left guy is a son of Smarty Jones, the middle is an Appendix)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	37300
    Be a part of the solution~ Adopt a thoroughbred!
    MidAtlanticHorseRescue.org

Quote Originally Posted by grayarabpony View Post
    I like him a lot. Flowing and athletic. What a good find. Add bonus points because he looks like he thinks he's a badass.
    I got lucky, considering I took him based on his photos and watching him jog for about 3 seconds . And you're right--he does think he's a badass. He doesn't realize he's a silly dumb boy.
    VW sucks.

Thank you all! I'm really excited! Just curious, what was Courageous Comet's JC name? Thanks!
    It was Courageous Comet -- then and now and always! he was a pretty good racehorse, too -- stakes placed.

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Res...578&registry=T
    The Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing Service
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    Find us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for the info!

Here are some pics of Street Cruise--I hope this works
    http://s1352.beta.photobucket.com/us...ibrary/Cruiser

3 members found this post helpful.

Hey all you FL peeps... I was wondering, does anyone know Lisa Reed? I am desperate to get some info on my mare, whom came from her in 2010.

I am her second owner post-track, she had not had much regular work until I got her. Unfortunately even turnout and light riding a few days a week leaves her quite lame. It seems to be pelvic, from what we can gather. The only way I can keep her halfway comfortable is stall rest and anti-inflammatories.

Before I drop a load of $$$ on a work-up at Cornell, I would love to see if her owner/trainer had any insight into her life on the track.... if she had any injuries or issues. It seems based on her race record that raced quite well in her first two races (a win and a place) and then had a year off, after which she performed poorly at shorter distances and was then retired.

I am not looking for anything but info, and would be infinitely grateful for anything I could potentially find out.

If anyone has any ideas or advice I would be forever indebted.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Beam Me Up;6704866
    [url
    http://s1352.beta.photobucket.com/user/jskorey/library/Cruiser[/url]
    Amazing how they settle right down once off the track! He looks great, and like he is so glad to be in a new situation.
    The Finger Lakes Finest Trainer Listing Service
    http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com
    Find us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/FingerLakesF...oroughbredsInc

Thanks for the info!

http://s1352.beta.photobucket.com/us...ibrary/Cruiser
    Oh he looks so happy! He seems very pleased in his new situation. I can just imagine how absolutely fab he'll look when he's all muscled up as he matures into his new career as an eventer. He has a great shoulder- I guess I failed to notice that before.

Contacted Lisa.... got the info I needed..... so appreciative!!! Goes to show just how invested EVERYONE involved with Finger Lakes truly is!
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

FG, I hope the news is good!
    VW sucks.

Thanks guys! Yes he seems very happy. I went to play with yesterday, he is settling in well--turned out with a friend.

Amastrike your guy is a gorgeous jumper!