The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Christmas Help, Toy horse trailer and truck

My niece wants toy horse trailer and truck for her Big size Breyer horses. I can't believe I can't find a quality one. The one that keeps coming up by googling is made by Breyer and is cheap quality and plastic. Willing to buy used for the right one.

Any one have any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Okay I found one for $100 called Breyer Horse Cruiser, its pretty nice but want to know if anyone else has one or can tell me if its worth it?

thanks!

Outside Ocala FL - Horse Capital of the World

My daughter had the full size Breyer truck and trailer (plastic) for many years and never had an issue with it. It was a bit pricey, but held up fine.

Sorry, I don't have any experience with the Cruiser.
    There are friends and faces that may be forgotten, but there are horses that never will be. - Andy Adams

thanks so much I keep seeing reviews saying they break easily. My niece is good and would take care of it but her 4 year old brother is pretty rough

I want one too and I'm 27 HAHAHAHHAHAHA

When I was a kid I made my own trailer out of breyer boxes (custom so it'd fit the 'running' horses too) and then pulled it with my red barbie corvette. Nothing like safety first right?

Quote Originally Posted by kellidahorsegirl View Post

When I was a kid I made my own trailer out of breyer boxes (custom so it'd fit the 'running' horses too) and then pulled it with my red barbie corvette. Nothing like safety first right?
    that is exactly what she has right now but wants the "real" thing. I love the breyer horse cruiser, want a REAL one

Waxing nostalgic here. One of my favorite toys as a kid was my Tonka truck and horse trailer. The flatbed truck had removable slat sides. The outfit came complete with a pair of horses and a pair of cattle.

All metal, very nice quality. I wonder if Tonka still makes them?

Beasmom, I had sorta the same thing but it was I think a chevy dually pulling a 6 horse slant gooseneck. Had tiny horses too. It was about a foot long and SOOOO COOL.

My husband's brother (27 yrs old) has a semi and cattle pot replica at their parent's house and I might be known to drive it around on the floor everytime I go there HAHAHAHHAHA

Showoff! My trailer was a simple two-horse BP.

I Googled Tonka Horse Trailer and got bupkus, so unless you can find an "antique" one, that's not an option.

OP, I think you're stuck with the Breyer trailer. Just keep the 4 your-old bro away from it. Maybe buy him his own dump truck or garbage truck! Tonka makes them!

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-1950S-TO...item1e595a721c

did you have THIS Beasmom????

go to ebay and search for "toy horse trailer" and omggggggg YAY!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nylint-Stables-H...item45efb5f94c
    THIS is the one I had. And wowwwwww do my childhood memories get warped..that is not a 6 horse haha.

and BACK on topic...

OP, if you go to ebay and search "breyer horse trailer" there are lots up there...including this Cruiser for 88 bucks

Kellida, that's IT!!!!

But no "livestock"? Could I be misremembering or did I use "livestock" from another play set?

Wow. Cool. Might have to have it.

My recollection of this Tonka set is, it might work for the smaller Breyers, but not the full-size ones.

phew, I am so glad I am not the only one who had a rig to play as kid.

I had a safari rig and trailer...but hey. I think both are still at my Mom's.

and for the kid that has not already started on the Breyers, Playmobil has a nice series with farm animals and horses, trailer, wash stall....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by kellidahorsegirl View Post

LOL did you have Redneck barbie
    seriously I actually someone pull a 2h bp with a corvette. And yes they were necks ROFLMAO
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

Gosh, yes. I crawled around on the floor with my Tonka Truck & Trailer, my herd of plastic cattle and my Rifleman Ranch set for hours. And plastic horses, cowboys, Indians, dinosaurs (they co-existed, you know!).

Baby dolls? Bo-ring!

OP, sounds like the Breyer rigs are getting good reviews. I will NOT tempt myself by venturing back to eBay. Might come away with a Tonka Toy that I don't need!

pft.

need is over rated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan View Post
    My niece wants toy horse trailer and truck for her Big size Breyer horses. I can't believe I can't find a quality one. The one that keeps coming up by googling is made by Breyer and is cheap quality and plastic. Willing to buy used for the right one.

Any one have any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    My DD was allowed to play with hers. It fell apart and was replaced by Breyers twice. The last time it fell apart I threw it out. They are "look at's" now play withs - sadly
    "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegermonster View Post
    LOL did you have Redneck barbie
    seriously I actually someone pull a 2h bp with a corvette. And yes they were necks ROFLMAO
    HAHA, no my barbies were always very classy. I KNOW someone who hauls an olllld 2 horse with a cadillac....its sad haha

Aww heck, the self-proclaimed "Best Rider In The State" (This was eons ago in a state far, far away) hauled her horses with a Cadillac! Back then, lots of people hauled around with passenger cars and two-horse trailers!

I can still remember that woman's name...

But I digress. Back to toy trailers that hold up to abuse. I still vote Tonka!

Outside Ocala FL - Horse Capital of the World

FYI - I just saw the Breyers Horse Cruiser for $79.95 in the Big Dee's catalog that came in the mail today.

They also have the dually and BP trailer on sale for $69.95 each in case you are interested.
    There are friends and faces that may be forgotten, but there are horses that never will be. - Andy Adams