The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Two Pedigrees and One Foal ...

I am just in the process of buying a TB broodmare from Ireland by Muroto out of Glenmore Star, and she is in foal to Capitalist (Capitol I x Sacramento SongXX x Marconi). I'd be really grateful for your thoughts about the pedigrees, in particular the mare's -this is her full brother :

http://www.pedigreequery.com/matthew+muroto

and this is Capitalist's breeding :

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/capitalist3

Any predictions as to the foal?! I think - not entirely sure - but I think it may be the first Capitalist foal to be born in the UK.

As always, many thanks for any expert feedback!

Oh dear, was hoping for some input especially from one of the TB pedigree experts on the forum .... Maybe I need to retitle .....

Your topic heading is not likely to attract the TB experts. Capitalist looks nice--the short clip of him competing doesn't show a complete round, but he jumps in good form out of a nice pace--I was thinking "hunter."

His sire, Capital I, also sired Cento, an accomplished international competitor. There are several named Campino in the pedigree database, none by Capitalist (Peter Wylde's Campino 103 is by Corofino).

I can't find mention of mares he's been crossed with so far; without that information I would guess that the breeding experts might not have much to go on as far as making predictions.

You're in the UK? I would think pedigrees would commonly cross that "short" water, but who knows?

Without fact checking, I believe Capitalist stands at a little farm somewhere in Kilkenny. He had a very good SJ career but others in the Holsteiner world would better answer your questions on him. His first year standing stud in Ireland was in 2008 so first foals would be born this year.

The sire of your dam is from a Busted sire line which gives you a nice Wild Risk line and the sire is out of a Mill Reef mare which is always nice.

The dam is from a Grey Sovereign line which is always nice for sporthorses and has a couple of Tourbillion crosses along with all the usual suspects. She is from female family 7-A, and am not sure if this has produced and sporthorses of note. Vineyridge would be better able to tell you that one.

Yes, it's a short jump from England to Ireland but both countries are filled with stallions. Capitalist has some progeny competeing but haven't got a clue if this would be the first foal born by him in England.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.