The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default WOw! Mechanical horse.

How about this to get people hooked on cutting?
    Will we some day have something like this for piaffe?
    Puts the dime store, put a quarter in rocking horse to shame.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...g?t=1259852001

---"Mechanical horse gives taste of cutting
    The "Old West" meets "Modern Technology" during the NCHA World Championship Futurity now underway in Fort Worth, Texas as horse lovers can come and experience the thrill of riding the new "mechanical cutting horse" located in the Amon Carter Exhibit Hall. Rides on the ingenious new mechanical cutting horse are free of charge.

Thanks to "cowboy inventor" entrepreneur Lannie Ashley of Marshall, Texas, visitors to the Coors Light Western Mercantile during the Borden Milk/NCHA Futurity can give cutting a try before they take the plunge into horse ownership. Ashley was a finalist numerous times in NCHA Triple Crown events in the 1980s, and has since used his cutting horse savvy to develop a popular mechanical cow used for training cutting horses. Now he's gone one better with a mechanical horse and cow system that simulates the cutting experience for newcomers.

"Everyone who has ridden this mechanical cutting horse has told me that you can't tell the difference between it and a real horse," said Ashley. "One international visitor even mentioned that she would like to own one to practice on in between shows."

The machine has multiple speeds and can entertain all levels of riders ranging from those who have never ridden a horse to professional cutting horse trainers.

"This is a fantastic new attraction for horse lovers of all ages and skill levels," noted NCHA Executive Director Jeff Hooper. "It's the closest thing to riding a real cutting horse that has ever been invented. It's educational, and a big thrill!"

The mechanical duo is located near the Cutters' Café at the Southwest corner of the Western Mercantile that is open 9 am to 6 pm daily with extended hours on semi-finals and finals nights through Sunday, December 13."---

That looks pretty cool! I'd try it. At beginner level since I've never ridden western, or a cutting horse.

I would ride it
    "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

Wink

I'm going to the Futurity, and getting a ride on that thing is my top priority -- other than seeing the finals, of course.