The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Riding in Seville, Spain

I am most likely going to be studying abroad next fall in Seville and am looking into whatever information I can on what riding is like there. I have met with my school advisors and they think riding while studying abroad would be a great idea as it would give me the opportunity to connect with other equestrians speaking another language in an obviously very different culture. They are going to do some research, but told me to do some of my own, as well.

Does anyone have any leads as to how I can get more info on the equestrian culture in Seville? Does anyone have any info themselves?

Thanks.

I rode at http://www.haciendadosolivos.es/ - nice place, lovely horses, solid instruction. You can school and they'll turn you loose to hack in the olive trees. It's a bit of a drive from Seville but doable, and the bus from Seville also runs to the village, which is just a short walk. Instructors were British, so might not be the language emphasis you're looking for! PM for more info.

I don't know about riding places in that area but if you are staying for a while and will be there Feb/March times then you won't be too far from The Sunshine Tour competition which is in Cadiz/Jerez. Might be fun for you to go and watch.

I'm spending this fall studying in Seville, does anyone have anymore leads on places to ride?