The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Cd-L list

Can someone post the info I need to join the driving list newsgroup?

I just signed up, be aware that it can take a couple days to receive your confirmation email. I thought I messed up or deleted it with my spam and then it finally showed up. I almost deleted it because the address looked like spam too. It will say this "Dartmouth College LISTSERV "

I was on the list for a while but couldn't make heads or tails of it. I hate the format, so I dropped it.

But there is a lot of good information there, and I'd like to try again. Does anyone have any helpful hints on how to manage it?

Thanks.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by hitchinmygetalong View Post
    I was on the list for a while but couldn't make heads or tails of it. I hate the format, so I dropped it.

But there is a lot of good information there, and I'd like to try again. Does anyone have any helpful hints on how to manage it?

Thanks.
    Did you get it in Digest format where there are several posts together as 1 email, or indivdual emails? When I have time I get it in individual emails so it is easier to read and follow. You can set it through email or going to your listserv preferences.

Christa

Another way to manage the list is to set it for no mail - go in through the archives (organized by week) and the clicking on the date column to organize that by date in order, then you get the individual mails in order by week without clogging up your e-mail AND you can ignore topics of no interest by not opening them.