The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Central Indiana-16'2 TB Mare needs Forever Home

This is a 9 year old 16'2 hand registered TB mare. She is free only because I am out of stalls at my farm and really don't want to send more horses out to be boarded, and cannot stand the thought of anything being out in bad weather, so I want to find her a loving forever home. She is NOT an easy keeper. She is a little underweight, as where I had her boarded wasn't graining like they agreed to. She is doing well since I brought her back to my place and put her on pellets and free choice hay. She needs a home with a barn where she can be brought in every night and kept in when the weather is bad. She does best with a blanket to help her stay warm. She eats ALOT. She does best with free choice good hay and pelleted food. (She is currently on Safe Choice and Gro n Win.) She was raced and then used as a broodmare after that. She is totally sound to my knowledge, but will require front shoes if you want to put her into work. She would be a great eventer prospect or dressage She was ridden once this summer, and did fine, she just rides green like all OTT horses do. I want to find her a loving forever home. She is not good prospect for a child since she has not had any other training then the track, (unless they are working with a trainer.) Would require first right of refusal contract signed. Would like to place her ASAP.

TopNotch Guest

Hello, I'm interested in your mare and was wondering if your Mare is still available? If so, Do you have any pictures?

yes she is still available

Default she found a home...

Thanks for all the responses. She has found a wonderful forever home!