The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Items we simply CANNOT live without ... for $129.95 (or less)

So, it's a little slow at my part time job today ... working at a feed store, and I'm sure everyone is recovering from yesterday's turkey.

I start perusing the various catalogs hanging around and find this ... which I simply cannot go on living without. Riiiiiight.
    Page 73, the Hamm Schlem cat:

*ahem*

The Animatronic Singing and Talking Elvis.

This is the animatronic ELvis that sings eight of The King's most acclaimed songs while his mouth, eyes, and head move with the music. The robotic bust is adorned with The King's trademark leather jacket, sideburns, and pompadour, recalling the musical icon's performance during the highest-rated television event of 1968—Elvis Presley's Comback Special. The device sings Hound Dog, Love Me Tender, Jailhouse Rock and more, and replicates Elvis's unique facial expressions (including the curled lip) and baritone voice. Integrated infrared sensors in his jacket detect ambient motion, prompting Elivs to say, "Bring it on back now" or another famous catchphrase as you walk past. The device has 37 monologues recorded from interviews that play at a touch of a button, each reflecting on the life and career of The King. The karaoke feature allows you to sing along with elvis. Powered by AC/DC adapter or eight D batteries (not included). Remote requires three AAA batteries. 18 1/2" H X 11 1/2 D x 20" L. (10 lbs)
    I can truly die happy, knowing that humanity has this important piece of technology that can see us through any and all dark days. Especially that karaoke feature ... oh, and the curled lip.

I'm..simply..speechless. Thank goodness The King is here when words fail me ..
    "For God hates utterly
    The bray of bragging tongues."
    Sophocles, Antigone Spoken by the Leader of the Chorus of Theban Elders

When I first read it, I thought it say "anatomic" which might be something worth buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Leather View Post
    ... "anatomic" which might be something worth buying.
    I must be getting too old ... seriously. Why on EARTH would someone pay for this ... ?

And can you imagine the person that thought this up? What was he thinking???

You know what? THe more I think about it, the more I believe the only people that would buy this, are the people on the "peopleofwalmart.com" site. Yup...that's a match made in heaven!
    "For God hates utterly
    The bray of bragging tongues."
    Sophocles, Antigone Spoken by the Leader of the Chorus of Theban Elders