The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Terrorist attack or deranged act?

I see the shooting in Fort Bragg, from the start, was considered a deranged act:

---"Fort Bragg, N.C. — As reports began to filter of Thursday's deadly shooting at Fort Hood Army post in Texas, retired Gen. Robert Springer said he thought back to 1995 and a similar attack that happened at Fort Bragg.

“(It was) another example of someone that went, we use the term, ‘Off his rocker,’ at the moment and attacked his own troops,” Springer said."---

Now that we know more, it seems that it was after all, at least in part, a true terrorist act, the fellow had been talking with terrorists and had said he wanted to do some real harm.

The media keeps being very still about the later findings, but I think that a terrorist attack is very well what this may have been, even if there was other involved.

That same feeling of this shooting having been more of a terrorist attack is what I am hearing "on the street" and from law enforcement officers, but why is the national press not commenting on this?

If you get away from the liberal mainstream media and start perusing the financial information sources, you'll find the topic being openly debated, with most favoring terrorism as being the cause.

It's a shame that the military's political correctness in ignoring the warning flags has cost the lives of so many brave defenders of our freedoms.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

I believe this is an isolated case of mania. This person obviously had a lot of emotional problems that had nothing to do with his religion. He was a time bomb!

It is how we treat mental illness now days. We try to mainstream people who have no business being mainstreamed.

The man's history shows a life time of being on the edge yet we allowed him into the military and we allowed him unlimited access to guns(I have no problem with sane people having all the guns they want)Someone dropped the ball and it was not the Muslims.
    "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

To deny that this was a terrorist attack by a violent muslim extremist is to do a great disservice for the servicemen (and women) who died in the attack. The man had SoA (soldier of allah) printed on his business card. He was trying to contact Al Qaeda via email, he had contact with a radical Imam who was also the Imam of 3 of the 9/11 hijackers. How anyone can not see this for what it is beyond me.

The man's history shows a life time of being on the edge yet we allowed him into the military and we allowed him unlimited access to guns(I have no problem with sane people having all the guns they want)Someone dropped the ball and it was not the Muslims.
    Do you realize he used his personal firearm in the attack? While on base only MP's have guns while walking around. Soldiers don't have "unlimited access to guns".

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland View Post
    I believe this is an isolated case of mania. This person obviously had a lot of emotional problems that had nothing to do with his religion. He was a time bomb!

It is how we treat mental illness now days. We try to mainstream people who have no business being mainstreamed.

OMG...Then why was he chanting "ALLAH" (sp) while firing off shots?

Why did he have over a dozen emails on his computer between him and a terrorist cell in Yemen?

My goodness people, wake up!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntertwo View Post
    OMG...Then why was he chanting "ALLAH" (sp) while firing off shots?

Why did he have over a dozen emails on his computer between him and a terrorist cell in Yemen?

My goodness people, wake up!
    Exactly! I can't understand why some want to overlook obvious facts like that. It was a terrorist act. That he was also a crazy man was just an additional part of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post

That same feeling of this shooting having been more of a terrorist attack is what I am hearing "on the street" and from law enforcement officers, but why is the national press not commenting on this?

Why? Because the main stream media is pro-obama.

Do you think they are going to dare *out* the fact that a Terrorist act occurred on his watch after we haven't had one in 8 years?
    No way!

I agree it was a terrorist act by a muslim extremist. The fact that he was shooting wounded personnel again makes him doubly treacherous. His attorney is really pissing me off, just because you get a good, vigorous defense doesn't justify the attempts to gain sympathy for his client. Stating that the traitorous murderer is paralyzed from the chest down and incontinent would not stop me from volunteering to execute him. Unfortunately, the military death penalty is lethal injection, but the last military execution was many years ago, and he will likely die of old age first. I think another factor fueling his rage was revenge-apparently he had consulted an attorney about leaving the military after attending the military medical school, residency and fellowship programs and he was told that there was virtually no chance of a discharge. The first night Shephard Smith on Fox News was interviewing his cousin, and when Shephard (or however you spell it) said something about Hasan's salary being in the six figures the cousin slipped and said that Hasan was looking forward to making in the high six figures after he left the military--big oops there. I was amazed when I found out this supposedly devout Muslim was going to the shooting range for hours at a time and then going to the strip club next door for hours at a time and included many private lap dances. I don't know if Islam believes in a day of reckoning after death such as a Saint Peter at the golden gates, but if there is such a meeting I think we know how this will end-and I hope he enjoys that rotisserie in hell next to Hitler, the Columbine killers, and a few other serial killers. I think the supervising doctors at the military medical school and Walter Reed totally blew it-they should have thrown him out of the service when he was harassing his patients about converting to Islam and telling them their service in combat was wrong. I hope he lives a long, painful, and horrible life. I just wish he would have died and we wouldn't have another stupid show trial trying to blame everything but the person who did this cowardly act for what happened. I work for the military and when I think of what he did I want to shoot him and watch him bleed out for what he did to unsuspecting people who were just doing their jobs, and took the same oath he did.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Osama bin Laden is probably nuts. And what he did was a terrorist act. Same thing with this waste of oxygen.

Is he nuts? Probably. Did he commit a terrorist act? Yes, indeedy, regardless of what Rachel Maddow, Evan Thomas, et al, say.
    My big man - April 27, 1986 - September 04, 2008-
    You're with me every moment, my big red horse.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting a battle of some kind.

The man is deranged. He also imnsho is a terrorists. But it is not due to his religion. It is however related to his particular path of his religion Make sense? I know another who was at the same military hospital in DC,when this guy was. This particular guy Dr( not the ft hood guy) not only is Mulim but also Iranian who entered our military shortly after Iran went out of favor with the US. But yet he is a very good Dr and I would trust my life to him( I actually have).
    Perhaps the Army di drop the ball BUT the guy had to be one hell of an actor to slip past the various evaluations that not only do 'regular' military guys have to go through but the ones that officers and DRs go through.
    Is he nuts maybe ( if anyone has ever spent more than a few hrs at WAlter Reed would understand why) Is it the fault of the Islam religion in its true form no. Is it hte path he chose ot take with it yes.

Why dosnt the main stream media not cover the above because for what ever reason they have chosen to meld PC into realy and military life. Neither place it belongs... They also are puppets of the obama adminstration who has already declaired it not to be a terrorists act.

Personally I believe he should be tried in a military court ( which he is) but what ever the charge is the end is the same result. Execution... and the sentance be carried out quickly.
    ETA Military exectuion is done 3 ways. Fireing squad, hangning and leitheal inection. personally woud love to see the first 2 over the last one..
    Last edited by bumknees; Nov. 26, 2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: to addsomething
    Friend of bar .ka

Bluey is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by pacificsolo View Post
    As to the questions about his connections with terrorists cells:

It is possible to be vicariously traumatized and still make bad choices - ever heard of PTSD? Do you know what that looks like? I'm curious as to why folks keep trying to separate mental health (the brain) from actions (the body)? It is really weird and very unscientific if you ask me...
    If someone thinks he is Christ and God is telling him to find a gun and shoot every fat person they see, because they are sinning by eating to much, that person is deranged.

If someone follows a religious sect, e-mails with known terrorists, goes to religious meetings telling people he is going to kill in the name of their religion, tried to change his patient's religion to his, etc. hat person may be crazy, but is still in perfect use of it's rational faculties to know right from wrong and considered a terrorist, crazy or not, it is still a terrorist.

If that shooter in Fort Bragg is not a terrorist, then all those others out there, those in 9/11, are also not terrorist, but just crazy people.

I think there is a clear distiction between someone that snaps and is crazy from a terrorist, that does things with premeditation and over time.

I think the FBI missed this terrorist, with what we know now.
    I hope they don't miss the next ones.

This may come as a shock, because I am one of the more liberal people on this forum, but I say: Treason.

Not terrorism, designed to scare and intimidate. Not specifically the act of a deranged person, either, considering his actions.

This man deliberately shot at and killed fellow soldiers in a military institution. That is treason.
    Don't tell me about what you can't do. That's boring. Show me what you can do. - Mom

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

This was just the latest in a string of attacks from within the armed forces by people who were labeled as potential threats due to their personal conduct and dismissed because they were wrapped in the protective blanket of reverence for anyone wearing a uniform. It has happened before and it will happen again as long as the armed forces refuse to live in reality.

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

I think both...it really bothers me that we will pay to feed and defend this man, regardless of his motives. And i am a liberal <gasp>
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

Bluey is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by pacificsolo View Post
    I want to respond to your post, but I am having trouble following your response. Are you saying that he cannot be suffering from any mental illness?
    No, I am saying that, mental illness was not enough to say he also is a terrorist.
    He is that and any mental illness should not be used to excuse what he did.

What difference does it make what we call it? The term "terrorist" has connotations now that it never did before, and I'm not sure the term really means anything anymore other than "scary Muslim".

Terrorism USED to mean any sort of behavior intended to intimidate and horrify. So yes, I'd say the events at Ft. Hood would fit that description, but this sort of behavior goes on at abortion clinics, and it's not called "terrorism". I don't like the use of the word "terrorism" the way it's currently used, and I hate the use of "terror" (as in "war on terror") even less--war IS terror, how can there be a war on it?
    Click here before you buy.

Why did the military not take action on this guy? Because like a lot of other organizations and businesses they were afraid of being Non-PC(the horror) and profiling(another horror) and attacks like this will continue until America stops listening to the libs and starts acting with common sense. Not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslim and they hate all of us,even the kombya singing liberals, they want them just as dead as the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleigh007 View Post
    Not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslim.
    Wow. Where in the world did you get the idea that all terrorists are Muslim? Is that some talkradio catch phrase, or do you really believe that?

Not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslim and they hate all of us
    Wow, hatemonger much? Listening to AM radio, are we?

Heard of Ted Kaczynski, Timothy McVeigh, Eric Rudolph? The latter two call or called themselves "good Christians".
    Click here before you buy.

Well I can't believe someone just blamed Obama for the shooting.