The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Eventer looking for 2 stalls in Ocala area, cheap cheap, cheap!

Hi there, I'm hoping, fingers crossed to come down to the Ocala area the beginning of January to ride and event, and am trying to touch base on finding 2 stalls to rent, OR work/ride off. If you know of anything, please email me at JesslynBW@aol.com.
    THANKS, Jess, Tucker, and Neo.
    P.S. Also will be looking for a place to stay for me, all I need is a soft spot to sleep, and a place to shower since I don't cook, and spend all of my waking time at the barn, LOL!
    Jess

You might try Ocala4sale.com

Check the Horse Tack and Services section http://ocala4sale.com/animals/horse-tack.php for boarding, there is also a section for trade/wanted etc somewhere in there...Also, Maxxtrot on here is in Ocala, maybe she can chime in and help you more specifically....Good Luck.

DiamondOakEventing Guest

Chech for a PM from me. I believe it went through but not sure as I am new on here....

I may have 2 stalls, turrnout, etc. we are 4 miles from HITS, 30 mins from Horse Park,50 mins to Canterbury, hacking distance from Peter Gray & Don Stewart.

Will know in a couple of weeks if you don't find anything.

Hey Jess-

It's really nice and heartwarming to see you up and doing again. I met you when you rode at the USPC Champs as a demo rider. You were great then, and I have enjoyed your journey from afar!

jess, i think it might be hard to find anything, cheap,cheap,cheap in this area, this time of year. i have one stall now, but might have a sale horse coming in next weekend.but i;m not that cheap . seems like everyone up's their prices the closer it gets to the winter birds coming down. i have a friend that has a farm, cute barn, not alot of grass, but turnout and smallish little room, cottage type place she might rent you. she could use someone to ride her sale horses and ponies,might be worth looking into. let me know, i will give you her numbers.
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

I wouldn't mind busting my a$$ to work off more expensive board if I could.... If that makes any difference.... Thanks for everyone's responses. I care more about where my horses end up than where I do, lol. Appreciate everyone's help greatly!
    Jess

Sent you a PM - I have an idea.