The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I have the best SO in the world

He took me shopping last Tuseday and this is what I got. Can we say "Happybirthdaymarrychristmasengagmentgift" all rolled up in one. He spoils me big time.

http://www.gm.ca/images/vehicles/201..._co_big_03.jpg

I love this man so much. He did this after I told him that I wanted to get a new jumping saddle with my pay raise.
    Are you going to cowboy up or lie there and BLEED?

wow!!

you are super spoiled!!

Wow!

And i thought mine spoiled me when he got me a $200 gift certificate to SmartPak "just because."

Very nice! But I must admit I wouldn't trade any of it for the little gifts that come my way from my non-horsey SO.... nothing better than walking into a stable after a long tiring day, stable fork and wheelbarrow in tow, only to find it pristinely cleaned and bedded for me! My boy may not have money, but he does have a heart of gold and he's picking up horsey skills fast!

Quote Originally Posted by BayHorseUK View Post
    Very nice! But I must admit I wouldn't trade any of it for the little gifts that come my way from my non-horsey SO.... nothing better than walking into a stable after a long tiring day, stable fork and wheelbarrow in tow, only to find it pristinely cleaned and bedded for me! My boy may not have money, but he does have a heart of gold and he's picking up horsey skills fast!
    My SO is not horsey nor does he have money. What he is is very caring and goes out of his way to make sure me, my son and my animals are safe. I was just about hit a few weeks ago in my car and he wanted me in something that if that happens I am more likly to not get hurt. He also does the little things for me like your SO. Tonight he will have supper ready when I get home so that I can eat and get to the barn in time for my lesson and have a hot bath when I get home so that I can warm up. I love the little things he does for me more then the SUV but I do love that he spoils me in the big ways as well. Now I get to spend forever spoiling him to make up for it.

Mine puts up with me and still loves me. I can ask for no more. Well, that and good hygiene. I do ask for that.
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

I had been dating mine for just under 6 months and he purchased me a Honda Civic because he was worried about me driving in the clunker that I had. I knew then, that he was a keeper. :-)

I actually knew before that because he would get off work at 1am and get up at 5am to go to horse shows. He doesn't do as much of that anymore, but is still amazingly supportive.

Mine is buying me a Dutch Keur mare on Saturday... He also gets up early to go to breed shows and just generally pampers me like crazy. We got engaged this summer and will be buying a new farm next summer. Yup, he's a keeper!

I was never looking for someone to support my habit financially -- emotionally would have done me just fine -- so I still can't believe how lucky I am.
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut), EMC What Fun (Wolkentanz I/ Lauries Crusador), and EMC Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by hansiska View Post
    Mine is buying me a Dutch Keur mare on Saturday... He also gets up early to go to breed shows and just generally pampers me like crazy. We got engaged this summer and will be buying a new farm next summer. Yup, he's a keeper!

I was never looking for someone to support my habit financially -- emotionally would have done me just fine -- so I still can't believe how lucky I am.
    CONGRATS! We got engaged this Fall and are moving next year as well. Not sure if I want to get another farm when we move this time or just board so that we can travel more. I have had a farm for so long (18 yrs) that it is nice having the freedom that boarding gives. It will all come down to where he is posted next.

Thanks!! Congrats to you, too!!!
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut), EMC What Fun (Wolkentanz I/ Lauries Crusador), and EMC Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

I almost got hit last week too, can I have one?
    JK..congrats, you definitely found a keeper.

My christmas present was a horse blanket, since my retiree shredded a Rambo and sent a Weatherbeeta to need repairs in two days. When the free lease on my horse unexpectedly ended (his fault, not theirs), he let me put him and the retiree in his pasture on very short notice.

When we first started dating it was his suggestion that we fence in his other thirteen acres to put my horses on. He is horribly allergic but asks me about how they are and what they were doing every night when I come in from evening feed.

Did I mention he's smart, hilarious, so supportive, and just... the best. I dated a lot of jerks, and I still can't believe I finally got this lucky. He's just wonderful.