The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Red face Rachel Alexandra vs. Rachel Maddow

So, I was sitting here on my couch, flipping through a mag, had the TV on for noise... TV happened to be on MSNBC, no real reason why... I hear a male voice say "While Rachel is taking a well-deserved vacation, we take a look at..." I look up at the TV expecting the commentator to be talking about Rachel Alexandra... much to my dismay it was (former VT U.S. Senator and DNC chair) Howard Dean filling in for Rachel Maddox on MSNBC's Rachel Maddox show... *sigh*

And there's me wishing it had been a story about a racehorse. What disease is it that I have?!?!
    View my photographs at www.horsephotoguy.zenfolio.com

Yeah, plus Howard Dean is no Rachel Maddow. Double bummer!
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

Quote Originally Posted by texang73 View Post
    I look up at the TV expecting the commentator to be talking about Rachel Alexandra... much to my dismay it was (former VT U.S. Senator and DNC chair) Howard Dean filling in for Rachel Maddox on MSNBC's Rachel Maddox show... *sigh*

And there's me wishing it had been a story about a racehorse. What disease is it that I have?!?!
    Dear Texang,
    I hate to break it to you like this, but I'm afraid you have a terminal case of equine attraction, sub-category racing fever. Once a person is infected, there is no adequate cure. Symptoms may ease from time to time due to lack of cash flow, but with most cases it is a lifetime affliction.

Signs you are infected:
    * You have no idea what day your garbage pickup is but you know Exterminator won the Kentucky Derby in 1918

* Your sister is getting married but stupidly picks Breeders Cup weekend for her nuptials. You send your sister and new brother-in-law a lovely gift from a backstretch shop at the track hosting the BC

* You remember where you were and what you were doing when you heard Secretariat passed away

* You don't have one decent pair of shoes yourself but you have a set of Kona Gold's shoes in mint condition

* You mistake Rachel Maddow and Rachel Alexandra....quite easy to do as they both beat up on boys

I'm afraid there is no cure for you - thank goodness!

Hallie
    Racing Dreams, LLC

"Don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here!"

I thought I heard somewhere recently Martha Stewart saying that what Rachel A does is "not good enough for me".

Pfff.

Jealous.

The difference between the Rachels is that I would never get up at 4am to see Rachel Maddow train.
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

I don't even know who Rachel Maddow is & wouldn't know her if she ran up and bit me, but I know Rachel Alexandra & could pick her out of a lineup.
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

Quote Originally Posted by haligator View Post
    Dear Texang,
    I hate to break it to you like this, but I'm afraid you have a terminal case of equine attraction, sub-category racing fever. Once a person is infected, there is no adequate cure. Symptoms may ease from time to time due to lack of cash flow, but with most cases it is a lifetime affliction.

Signs you are infected:
    * You have no idea what day your garbage pickup is but you know Exterminator won the Kentucky Derby in 1918

* Your sister is getting married but stupidly picks Breeders Cup weekend for her nuptials. You send your sister and new brother-in-law a lovely gift from a backstretch shop at the track hosting the BC

* You remember where you were and what you were doing when you heard Secretariat passed away

* You don't have one decent pair of shoes yourself but you have a set of Kona Gold's shoes in mint condition

* You mistake Rachel Maddow and Rachel Alexandra....quite easy to do as they both beat up on boys

I'm afraid there is no cure for you - thank goodness!

Hallie
    Racing Dreams, LLC

"Don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here!"
    OMG! That's it! Makes sense, since one of my proudest possessions is a letter from Sam Rubin with 4 actual win photos of John Henry...

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!
    View my photographs at www.horsephotoguy.zenfolio.com

I think your underlying problem is that your even watching MSLSD...

Quote Originally Posted by Acertainsmile View Post
    I think your underlying problem is that your even watching MSLSD...
    There went my coffee - all over my new keyboard!
    She wasn't running away with me, I just couldn't stop her!