The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Prob. with IM

Whenever I get a new message, I handle it as I normally would. Then several minutes later, I receive notice of a new message (I think it's a reply) but it is the same message again, being treated as if I had just logged on and it was a brand new message. Wonder if this is happening to others.

BUT, I want to thank you for removing the browser update box. That is great!

AND the site is running much quicker between pages now. Thank you for your continued hard work!

Yip
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Yip View Post
    Whenever I get a new message, I handle it as I normally would. Then several minutes later, I receive notice of a new message (I think it's a reply) but it is the same message again, being treated as if I had just logged on and it was a brand new message. Wonder if this is happening to others.
    It happens to me if I just go "back" to the main page. But if I go forward (e.g. clicking on another forum) it doesn't offer it again.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

I'll be sure the main office sees this thread, but in the meantime, let me clarify:

Are you both set up to receive email notifications or pop-ups that you have a new PM?

What browsers are you using?

Thanks--just trying to narrow down the source!

Mod 1