The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Laser Amulet

I just bought one 2 weeks ago and absolutely love it. It is so easy and quick to change the gullet size. It takes 3 minutes compared to the Bates and wintec system wich takes me atleast 20 minutes and is a real pain to change. It also is incredibly comfertable and def makes a difference in the way my horses move. Anyone else has one?.
    Every time you ride, your are either teaching or un-teaching your horse.

North of the Frozen Tundra, but I can see it from my house.

Where did you get it? I googled it, but nothing came up.

I saw the Laser saddles at Devon and they do look really nice. The one I sat in even had some sort of orthopedic gel in the seat and panels. Overall a very nice looking and feeling saddle on the saddle buck. I looked around and don't see these saddles very often. Are they newer and just haven't caught on yet, or just hype so the people who "know" stay away from them?
    The only thing the government needs to solve all of its problems is a Council of Common Sense.

I am wondering about the Laser saddle as well. I know that they were teaming with Thinline technology for a saddle as well. My horse suffered severe barns over her back in a barn fire, and I am wondering if when we are ready to see if she will be rideable (due to scarring) if this may be an option for us. I sat in one at Devon this year and thought it seemed pretty comfy. Would love to hear what people have to say about the saddles!

The Amulet is the one with ThinLine in the seat, panels, and knee rolls.

They have been around a pretty long time and I think are great saddles, but they aren't mass produced and aren't really marketed beyond word of mouth. I've ridden in one since 2003 and really like it. Website here: www.laserequestrian.com
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

My Mom and I both ride with Jeremy Beale, who is the man that designs the Laser saddles. We both currently ride in the Laser Rendevous and absolutely love it!! The adjustable tree is such a fantastic feature seeing as how my 6 yr old has been changing shape for the past two years and will probably continue to change for awhile. The saddles are really comfy and put the rider in such a good position. Previously I had a Bates Isabell saddle that was really hard to ride in. The balance of the saddle was way off and I was constantly having to fight to keep myself in the correct position. The Laser has made a huge difference in a very short amount of time. Scubed is right by saying that they're not mass produced. They are also VERY hard to find used. I hope you enjoy yours!!

The Laser Amulet is on the thinline website

Quote Originally Posted by arabesque View Post
    I am wondering about the Laser saddle as well. I know that they were teaming with Thinline technology for a saddle as well. My horse suffered severe barns over her back in a barn fire, and I am wondering if when we are ready to see if she will be rideable (due to scarring) if this may be an option for us. I sat in one at Devon this year and thought it seemed pretty comfy. Would love to hear what people have to say about the saddles!
    I rode my horse in a Wintec Isabel Worth and it has made a huge difference. Today he really started to bounce in the trot it was great to feel. I am really pleased.

Another horse I ride would constantly try to pull the reins out of your hands. The three times I rode him with the Amulet he hasn't tried to do it. I am not easilly convinced by word of mouth but this saddle def. makes a difference

I figured it was either the name of a dressage horse, or some kind of majickal gadget to hang on your horse's browband to keep him safe... sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by twofatponies View Post
    I figured it was either the name of a dressage horse, or some kind of majickal gadget to hang on your horse's browband to keep him safe... sigh.
    For magical gadgets you need to go to prat pepperoni's website

North of the Frozen Tundra, but I can see it from my house.

prat pepperoni....
    Last edited by Carol O; Nov. 29, 2009 at 01:59 PM.

I just saw an advertisement for the Laser Amulet in the USDF Connection. I was very intrigued. I had planned to post and ask about it today. It looks super nice. Good to know that someone likes it!
    Beth

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Am I the only one who thinks this product was named after something dropped from a bad Italian ripoff of Star Wars?

I have the Laser Trident, which has the same Varilock gullet adjusting system as the Amulet has as well as the swallow tail tree points.
    I like the saddle and very happy with it.
    Their customer service wasn't the greatest however. While I'd not hesitate buying another Laser saddle, I'd think twice about going through Laser themselves, the experience was not so great at all.

Default Gaelic

Would like to know if anyone has tried both the Trident and the Amulet. I tried the Trident but could not get it to lock in the medium position. It would lock in the medium/narrow but kept spreading out in the medium position when I sat down on it. Also had a hard time mentally with the velcro knee rolls. Velcro on a high end leather saddle just doesn't compute with my thinking. I must be a leather snob!

Also understand the blog regarding a not good experience with Laser Equestrian's main store. I too looked at them at Devon and when I asked about the velcro issue, Major Jeremy Beal (spelling) was actually rude about my concerns. Won't stop me from buying the saddle, but I will get it from one of their distributer stores.....or better yet, used.

I ride in an Albion SLK and love it but hate the cost of adjusting it to my rising 6 year old Thoroughbred. I'm riding Training Level again this year and hope to move up to First Level next year.