The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trophy Hunters - but not so low?

So I have one pair of TS Trophy Hunter front-zips that I've been showing in for the last few months. Overall, I love the fabric, and the euro seat, but they are SO low-rise! I'm constantly tugging them up, even when I wearing them with a belt. I was thrilled to be able to wear them, given that I can't fit in any of the TS regular fabric breeches - I could never get them to fit my hips and my waist, and I didn't like how little give the older fabric had, whether 4-way or 2-way.

Anybody know of a breech that is similar in fabric and fit to the TS Trophy Hunter, but not indecently low-rise? I know lots of people like them, but I just can't make them work - something about small waist and not-so-small hips......

Please help! The price point of the Trophy Hunters helps a lot too, I don't want to pay out the nose....

You may have gotten the low-rise without realizing it. If you ordered them from a place that did not give you a choice between regular and low-rise, they are almost definitely the low-rise. I ordered two pairs from a local tack store and this happened to me. I had assumed that if I didn't specify, that meant I wanted "regular". Silly me

So - I got them from Smartpak, and it didn't mention low-rise or not - so there is a Trophy Hunter regular rise in the front zip????

I thought that the trophy hunter only came in low rise.

I just called my favorite tack store about this to double check...

She said that the side zip trophy is not nearly as low as the front zip. It is closer in the rise to the low rise ts schooling, which are very doable.

She also said that if specifically ordered, she thought that all models can come in regular rise. You will probably just have to go to a real tack store to make it happen, as opposed to Dover etc.

I have two pairs: one in the TS fabric that I bought for schooling, and another in the professional fabric that i bought for the show ring. Interestingly enough, I've found that the TS ones sit a bit lower on me - I always feel like it's a tug of war when they're on. The Professional ones fit great, however, and sit just where they should without being indecent. Figures...since they cost about $100 more!!

I have regular rise side zip Trophy Hunters and they are my favorite breeches. I don't think the front zips come in regular rise, but the sides definitely do.

Grand Prix also makes a euro-seat, show-quality breech in a similar fabric to TS with a slightly higher "low rise" than the Trophy Hunter Low Rise.

I would look at the Grand Prix Vegas, with the euro seat, and the Ciara pikeur breech

The Grand Prix Vegas, in that beige color, be suitable for showing in A shows??? I've always lusted after the Ciara breeches, but they're SO expensive, I have a hard time justifying them. I have really gotten to where I prefer front zips, and I really like the Euro seat, and that fabric is great, so if the Grand Prixs are the same, that would be a huge plus......

Default trophy hunters

the side zip and the front zip in both the professional microfiber and the TS cotton
    are available in mid-rise and will start coming to tack shops December -January.
    Currently the trophy is only available in low rise, but watch for the mid-rise or ask
    your tack shop if they have them on order.

That's really good news - I really want some more of the cotton ones in the front zip, I just can't stand the low rise. I'll have to check with Smartpak and see if they are planning to get the mid-ride in any time soon......sure hope you're right!

Alternatively, you can order a low rise in a LONG...the rise will give you a bit more coverage. OTOH, the legs will be pretty long.
    ~ Citizens for a Kinder, Gentler COTH...our mantra: Be nice. ~

Default breeches

So here is the exact info:
    1963 is front zip mid rise trophy in the TS cotton schooler fabric
    1953 is the front zip mid rise trophy in the professional fabric
    1964 is the side zip mid rise trophy in the TS cotton schooler fabric
    1954 is the side zip mid rise trophy in the professional schooler fabric.

And I am sure I am right. Not in the stores yet, mid to end December if they ordered
    it already.

I just received a pair of breeches I ordered over the phone that seem to be regular rise front zip trophy hunters...

They have the euro seat and are a dark denim, but they don't have the wide waistband. It's a regular waistband and a regular rise. Style #1930, 67% CO, 26% PA and 7% EL

They aren't really what I was expecting. Are these just a regular rise version of the denim trophy hunters? I prefer the low rise, but maybe this style is what the OP is looking for.