The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Florida Horse park

Hollings did a great job getting the event at the horse park running smooth!
    Many thanks to all the volunteer's and Lesli Cohen who organized that part of it
    Dressage started at 7:30 and event ended at 4:30 with the completion of Int. show jump. All phases of X/C went well, I think only 2 falls and none with injuries!
    All in all it was a beautiful day in Ocala!

I was just about to start a thread along these lines when I saw yours! Yes, the Hollings did an outstanding job. It was my horse's/my first intermediate and it was a great experience!

Even the rain was nice enough to hold off until today .

I was a jump judge yesterday and I thought all the cross country courses ran amazing! I have been out of eventing and into show jumping for a few years but continued to volunteer for events at the horse park and this was by far the safest cross country course that I have seen in a while and made me want to dabble in eventing again after a 5 years hiatus. I personally witnessed one of the falls at my fence and it was nothing more than a run out. The courses were incredibly inviting and probably a confidence builder for everyone who rode there. I hope to see a lot of people there at future events, including myself!
    **There are only two emotions that belong in the saddle; one is a sense of humour and the other is patience**

www.horseshelpingpeople.org

i was talking with jen while she setting the xc courses, she said she was making everything very inviting for all levels. i think she and jon and all the vol's did a wonderful job.so glad someone is getting in there(the horse park) and trying to make a go of it and not just talking about doing something. i will support jen/jon;s shows,be it by entries or helping out when i can.congrats on a successful first show
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

I volunteered there also yesterday- the show ran like a well-oiled machine! Enjoyed training a new volunteer to do cross country jump judging- Lesli does a good job recruiting people. I am surprised that we don't have more volunteers who are riders though....so why is that?
    It was good to see the Horse Park being used this weekend as well- Polo was setting up as the Horse Trials were finishing and there was driving event scheduled the next day- this is a good thing- we want to keep that park open

I had a great day volunteering. Certainly didn't hurt that the weather was perfect, but everything ran well and it is impressive to successfully run Elementary through Intermediate all on time.
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Everyone keep in mind the schooling shows will be happening all year round at the park also! There will be a schooling day this coming Sunday also, BIG Thanks to Simone Cormier who will be giving hours of her time to make that happen!!!

where can we find info etc about the schooling day? and schooling shows?

Quote Originally Posted by North Dakota View Post
    where can we find info etc about the schooling day? and schooling shows?
    It should be up on the website but if not call Simone Cormier at 508 612 0224 website is supposed to be updated this afternoon with the full calender of all shows and events.